Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 5th August 2011, 10:28   #1
Senior - BHPian

Smile Greetings fellow earthlings

Greetings fellow earthlings and T-BHP'ians. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what I like given my username and the fact that I'm on this forum.

My Kryptonian name is Jhol-El, but you may call me by my Earth name, which is Karan. 27 years ago I landed on this big blue rock of ours and since then I have grown to love cars (duh!), football and food, although not necessarily in that order.

By passion, I'm a writer and dreamer. By profession, I'm into Corporate Communication and Branding. I stumbled upon Team-BHP by accident when a friend of mine recommended it to me as a treasure trove of info on cars and I was hooked on it purely as a way of daydreaming while in office.

Things took a turn for the more serious a few months ago when I was contemplating buying a new car. After much scientific research, I zeroed in on the Hyundai i20 1.4 AT. But of course, doubts lingered over such a choice. Was I buying a white elephant or just an ordinary silver colored one with electric OVRM's for ears? More than any other site or forum, I found myself turning to T-BHP and reading voraciously through the pages and pages of owner feedback from those that did own i20 AT's.

After some agonizing and not much thought, I took the plunge and purchased my silver steed a little less than 2 months ago as of the time of making this post, and I couldn't be happier! I owe some of the credit for that decision to T-BHP, but most of it to myself for sticking to my decision in the face of daunting odds (you know what I mean...parents, uncles and assorted aunties asking why I'd spend so much on a hatchback, why automatic, why not a Maruti...the usual drill)

I sold off my 10 year old Palio 1.2 that was such a trusty sidekick to bring in the i20, and it was gut-wrenching to see it go, never to be seen again. But I draw some solace from the fact that it's somewhere out there, giving someone immense pleasure even today. One can hope.

I hope, god willing, to own a BMW at some point but my current fancy is a Volvo S60. Not that I can afford one right now, mind you, but I certainly hope to be able to do just that in a few years from now. When I'm not on here whiling away my time and getting death stares from the boss for wasting company resources, I'm usually found kicking back with a ps3 or checking out the latest eating joints.

Right, enough of me rambling on. I'll take your leave. Thanks for reading, if you've made it this far!
Old 5th August 2011, 15:32   #2
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Greetings fellow earthlings

Jhol-EL, welcome aboard! (Though i am really waiting for Kal-El)

I'm sure that your posts are going to be fun to read on the forum

Have you checked out Stratos & GTO's official review of the S60? Take a look.

Will see ya around,
R
Old 5th August 2011, 16:13   #3
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Rehaan

I did actually read that review, it was extensive and very well done. Had me hooked for the entire duration that I read through it. In fact, that's what got me thinking of the S60 in the first place. The 0 interest EMI's are not that much more than what I'm paying currently, but it would need a much bigger down payment. And then there's the small matter of not being able to actually afford the car if I think "can I afford it?"

Soon though! See you around.
Old 5th August 2011, 16:56   #4
BHPian

Welcome iliketurtles.
Your user name reminded me of a viral youtube video.
Old 5th August 2011, 21:48   #5
Senior - BHPian

That's because my nickname is inspired by that very video.

You are now reading this message in the voice of the kid from that video.
Closed Thread