Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 5th August 2011, 13:41   #1

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Finally i am a BHPian too

Hi Guys,

I am J Shiv Kumar born on 22 Aug . Hence the handle JSK 22. Its been one long journey for me from being a casual surfer of the net to casually surfing Team BHP to realising that this was one treasure trove of information regarding CARS and heck! I had to be part of it. I have been surfing Team BHP probably for the longest time- since 2006 and have now finally joined it.

About me - I am an officer in the Indian Armed Forces and currently posted at Goa. I think I was born to be outdoors and even the birth of my daughter (who has just completed one this June) hasn’t really curbed it (despite many warnings from well wishers, relatives etc to mend my ways). So much so that I guess the outdoor bug has bitten her as well. It’s a major evolution just to get her back inside the house! Outdoors, it’s obviously spent in my car traversing the hinterland of Goa and its beautiful beaches and I can confidently say that in my brief stay here, I have managed to see at least 90% of what’s not there even on the regular touristy maps.
Frankly, despite being a Mechanical and Aeronautical engineer it is the Travelogues in T-BHP that particularly interest me.\

Cars I own – a Maruti 800 and a Toyota Tercel, both of whom have served me wonderfully so far, never once letting me down. Iam presently looking out for a new car which could be anything between an i 20 (with sunroof, for sure!), ANHC or ANHV. With the various contributory factors in mind, I have about six to seven months to finalise my decision.
Out here, I am looking forward to many more interesting discussions, travelogues and contributing to them in my own humble capacity wherever I can.

Happy revving!

Last edited by Rehaan : 5th August 2011 at 15:24. Reason: Welcome aboard. Edited post to remove formatting tags which happen when copy-pasting from word etc.
Old 11th August 2011, 20:52   #2
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Finally i am a BHPian too

welcome on tbhp sir!!

you can start a thread for any queries of a new car in What Car? - Team-BHP

& congrats for your daughter's first birthday.

rgds,
Nikhil
Old 16th August 2011, 16:35   #3

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hi Nikhil,

Thanx forthe wishes.

For now am just reading the various threads which are already there.Hope to finalise the decision by that. If that doesnt help then the thread is not too far!
Old 18th August 2011, 11:23   #4
BHPian

Hi Sir,
Welcome to Team BHP.
Toyota Tercel to i20 will be nice. Would make a great transition log.
Looking forward to some good travelogues from your end.
Tapish
Closed Thread