Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 12th August 2011, 15:01   #1

Default Glad to be here!

I wanted to thank Team BHP for letting me join the forum on the website.

I own a Skoda Fabia, Ford Fiesta 1.6S, Volkswagen Vento & Vintage Rolls Royce (GMP28 1937 Gurney Nutting Tourer All Weather). We also owned a Chevorlet Impala & Mercedes Benz during the 70's and 80's but my dads uncles sold them for reasons unknown to me at the moment.

I was delighted to find the picture on Team BHP posted by shyml & repost by Julian UK in Vintage Cars Thread & Pre-War thread.

I will post more recent pictures and details by next week. need to fish out the family photo archives and original certificates.

I am also sorry to Inform that due to some family issues the car was in the Custody of the local district magistrate of Kanpur City during the early 2000's and they did not keep it under appropriate conditions. The body of the car suffered corrosion and other damages. The good news is, we have it back and will need to restore it.

Thanks Again,
:Jai Bhargava
Old 12th August 2011, 17:10   #2
BHPian

Default Re: Glad to be here!

Hello Jai,
Have you or Hari ever been connected to another Gurney Nutting 25/30HP drophead GRO59 ?
regards
Andre Blaize
park-ward is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2011, 17:56   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterstroke View Post
I wanted to thank Team BHP for letting me join the forum on the website.

I own a Skoda Fabia, Ford Fiesta 1.6S, Volkswagen Vento & Vintage Rolls Royce (GMP28 1937 Gurney Nutting Tourer All Weather). We also owned a Chevorlet Impala & Mercedes Benz during the 70's and 80's but my dads uncles sold them for reasons unknown to me at the moment.

I was delighted to find the picture on Team BHP posted by shyml & repost by Julian UK in Vintage Cars Thread & Pre-War thread.

I will post more recent pictures and details by next week. need to fish out the family photo archives and original certificates.

I am also sorry to Inform that due to some family issues the car was in the Custody of the local district magistrate of Kanpur City during the early 2000's and they did not keep it under appropriate conditions. The body of the car suffered corrosion and other damages. The good news is, we have it back and will need to restore it.

Thanks Again,
:Jai Bhargava
Hi Jai, welcome aboard, great to have you here. Looking to forward to know more about the history of your Rolls, and especially current pictures. Good luck with the restoration, there are many experts who can help you on the forum.

Cheers
Karl
karlosdeville is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2011, 16:43   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi, this must be your Rolls and perhaps your dad/uncle?
This picture has been copied and widely circulated, if you want an unmarked copy I would send it to you. Looking forward to your pictures, and history.

Cheers harit
Attached Images

harit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2011, 18:00   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hi Jai, welcome aboard pls go through the instructions for the photos uploading, threads creating etc etc.After that shift to neutral gear start your engine press the clutch pedal engage to first gear release the clutch and wrooooooooom towards T Bhp threads.
Best of luck for the restoration you are planning ...Regards........
IQBAL VEERJI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2011, 20:35   #6
BHPian

Warm Welcome to TBHP Jai.
Wow, that is a real beauty you have there, all the best in restoring it, I certainly hope to see more pictures soon.
All the best and drive safe!!
Speed.Demon is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2011, 22:37   #7
BHPian

Hello Jai ,

Good to know the car is back with you again . Presumably it will be seen in it's original glory. I was over in Kanpur for the rally last year with 7 cars from Lucknow . Hopefully - the Kanpur club will invite us to the next do - when we can meet,
& it is a welcome change to find some one from our area on the forum.

Regards
Chauhan
vintageman is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread