Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 20th February 2006, 00:09   #1

Default Hello!

Found this site via Google while searching through results for "Bajaj Avenger"...ok, now you know what bike I own :-)

A little about me... I am a 37 year old geek currently living in Pune.

The first vehicle I owned was a Bajaj Chetak in Chennai. Then I moved to Pune and bought another Chetak. Prior to that my dad owned two Chetaks...you are guessing that I come from a very traditional family with a conservative mindset and an abhorrence towards risk... you are right ;-) I used to hate everything about a scooter except for the fact that it had a spare wheel and lots of storage space.

Moved to the US and bought a brand new 1999 Nissan Altima. Wonderful car. I guess even now it's the most powerful 4-cylinder (non-turbo). Then bought a used 1989 Honda Accord -- loved this one more than my Altima (which my wife was using by now!)

Sold the cars off to a friend and a cousin and returned to India and bought a Opel Corsa Swing in 2003. Excellent ride on highways but would bottom out on every pothole and speedbreaker in Gurgaon traffic. Returned it to the company when I switched jobs.

Most recently moved to Pune and have a Tata Indigo GLX and a Bajaj Avenger. Wife uses the Indigo for work and school. I ride my Bajaj Avenger to work.

Only "mod" on the Avenger is two black saddle bags. But my helmet is the talk of my office -- put in two speakers from an old headphone and wired up a stereo jack to play mp3s. Ripped up an old bluetooth headset and working on getting that on my helmet. All this without in any way affecting the structural integrity of the helmet. Some day I want my helmet to look like Darth Vader's mask (I am Star Wars fan!)

Go for a long ride somewhere. While I am not adventurous or an outdoors kinda person, I do love the ride on the Avenger.

Sorry for the the long monologue. I won't be offended if you didn't read the above all ;-)
Old 20th February 2006, 02:08   #2
Senior - BHPian

hey vader
nice intro !! after long reading an intro which really introduces the person LOL !!
welcome to tbhp.your helmet innovation is something different.never heard of something like that.
any way enjoy your stay here.

rev
Old 20th February 2006, 02:15   #3
jat
BHPian

So many Chetaks! Um! So you are related to Prithvi Raj Chauhan (he also rode Chetak).

Your helmet is definetely going to be the talk of the town and wish you all the success in your project.

Welcome to the club.

RK
Old 20th February 2006, 05:29   #4
Senior - BHPian

Only "mod" on the Avenger is two black saddle bags. But my helmet is the talk of my office -- put in two speakers from an old headphone and wired up a stereo jack to play mp3s. Ripped up an old bluetooth headset and working on getting that on my helmet. All this without in any way affecting the structural integrity of the helmet. Some day I want my helmet to look like Darth Vader's mask (I am Star Wars fan!)

First welcome to the Forum buddy.. that was a very interesting intro..
second i admit that you must really like Darth Vader so much that you actually want your helmet to look like his and you are going to ride a bike wearing that.. Also did he have a mp3 player and ripped off bluetooth in that helmet of his... i am not sure ... take care bro and have a nice stay...
Old 20th February 2006, 12:41   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hey Vader,

Welcome aboard and enjoy your stay buddy.
Welcome to Team_Bhp.com
Nice intro..

Cheers,
Mugen_Power
Old 20th February 2006, 18:59   #6
Senior - BHPian

Hey welcome to T-BHP,
And enjoy ur stay!!
Old 20th February 2006, 22:27   #7
BHPian

Hi vader welcome aboard, have agreat stay.
Old 21st February 2006, 00:47   #8
bhp
BHPian

welcome to the family .......njoy ur stay and drive safe
Old 21st February 2006, 13:26   #9
BHPian

Welcome to the Forum..

If possible do post picx of your Helmet !!! lol
Closed Thread

« Hello buddies | Hi »