Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 28th August 2011, 06:58   #1

Default Happy to be here

Hi all

Its wonderful to be a part of this exiting forum.

This is Subrat here from Mumbai. Am a MBA from XLRI Jamshedpur and now work as a Banker with Citi.

Have never owned a Car before (but have been the proud owner of a Yamaha & a Pulsar). No car in the family too. Never needed to. Dad, by virtue of being in the Govt. services had his perks !!!

But now the change. Having driven around some of my friends cars, i have fallen in love with the 'machines with four wheels'. So thinking of buying a car for myself. Taxi, Mumbai, Monsoon- these three words in a single sentence horrifies a Mumbaikar to no end, and this has also played a major part in my decision .

So here I am, to pick your brains with those incessant queries. Being honest, my contribution to this forum (well as of now) would be to learn and share. Anyhow no one would have listened much to the words of a guy who has never owned a car !!!

Finally, thanks Mods. Never thought would get approved on the first try. Proves why this forum rocks and whats so unique about it. Cheers !!
Old 28th August 2011, 12:20   #2
BHPian

Smile Re: Happy to be here

Quote:
Hi all

Its wonderful to be a part of this exiting forum.

This is Subrat here from Mumbai. Am a MBA from XLRI Jamshedpur and now work as a Banker with Citi.

Have never owned a Car before (but have been the proud owner of a Yamaha & a Pulsar). No car in the family too. Never needed to. Dad, by virtue of being in the Govt. services had his perks !!!

But now the change. Having driven around some of my friends cars, i have fallen in love with the 'machines with four wheels'. So thinking of buying a car for myself. Taxi, Mumbai, Monsoon- these three words in a single sentence horrifies a Mumbaikar to no end, and this has also played a major part in my decision .

So here I am, to pick your brains with those incessant queries. Being honest, my contribution to this forum (well as of now) would be to learn and share. Anyhow no one would have listened much to the words of a guy who has never owned a car !!!

Finally, thanks Mods. Never thought would get approved on the first try. Proves why this forum rocks and whats so unique about it. Cheers !!
Welcome to the community test.subrat!

I am sure that all your queries will be answered by the ever willing-to-help members of this community and of-course by the friendly Mods too and as the time passes on you'll just fall in love with this community or rather be addicted to it!

Do keep us informed about your new purchase (and in turn hoping a wonderful ownership review from you!)

P.S: You're quite lucky to be approved of your membership in the first try, I myself had to try 4 times in order to be a member.

Cheers and happy BHPing!!!
Old 29th August 2011, 10:31   #3
BHPian

Default Re: Happy to be here

Welcome to Team BHP, subrat! Hope you find all the answers that you need here! So which do you like more: Yamaha or Bajaj?
Old 30th August 2011, 00:58   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SedatedDrive View Post
Welcome to Team BHP, subrat! Hope you find all the answers that you need here! So which do you like more: Yamaha or Bajaj?
Yamaha for the pure pleasure of driving...No offence to the Pulsar though....A pulsar 180 is as good a driving machine...But first bikes always stay close to the heart...
Old 30th August 2011, 14:34   #5
BHPian

Hey Subrat, welcome to this amazing community. welcome 'home'...
Old 30th August 2011, 15:02   #6
BHPian

Welcome aboard Subrat. Guess you will have a wonderful time assimilating the ocean of information that is in store over here.

Cheers, Kiran
Old 30th August 2011, 15:28   #7
BHPian

Welcome,

A very uncommon handle for a banker, test.subrat, more common in IT though. You are at the right place before buying your car. You will get all the information you want about cars here, which at times may overload you, will confuse you but surely help you make an informed choice.

I too had joined here when i was planning to buy a car. First car in the family is always a special thing.

Last edited by mac187 : 30th August 2011 at 15:30.
Closed Thread