Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 28th August 2011, 20:27   #1
BHPian

Default Hello teammates

Dear members,

My registration was approved this week. I feel immense pleasure to be a part of this esteemed forum. My sincere thanks to the moderators for approving my registration request.

I am from Chennai. I graduated in MA English and currently working as a proofreader. I am married and have a 5-year old son. I am at present 34 years of age.

I am always fond of traveling and was searching the internet a couple of years ago for information on routes, places of interest, road conditions, etc., in order to finalize a travel plan when the search engine came up with multiple page hits from Team-BHP where I found all the information I was searching for. I realized the forum is a repository of immense knowledge. I got addicted to Team-BHP since then and it became part of my everyday life. Team-BHP guided me on many things, amongst them on servicing my car, taking delivery of a new car, making travel plans, etc.

At present I own I20 Sportz, Alto LXI, and Hero Honda Pleasure. I had bought Hero Honda Splendor in March 2007 and sold it in July 2011 due to low running. I am a first generation car owner in my family and very proud of it. I am fond of all types of vehicles from my childhood and I had this childhood hobby of trying to travel in anything that had wheels to it. I was very proud at that time that I had managed to travel in a tractor, truck, van, Hero Majestic, Ambassador, uncle's Bajaj Chetak, Hercules bicycle, grandfather's Suvega and countless others. My father's steed was an Ind-Suzuki motorcycle. Those were the days when life was simple, and apple and blackberry meant fruits.

My non-automotive interests are reading, music, blogging, browsing, traveling, and movies.

I am enriched with the collective wisdom and individual passion that characterizes this forum and hope to share my little knowledge from my part of the country on multifarious topics. I take this opportunity to express my gratitude to the members for sharing their valuable insight, knowledge, and experience. Going forward, it will be an enjoyable learning experience for me.

I once again thank the moderators for the membership approval. My apologies for the long post and thanks for taking your time to read.

murillo
Old 28th August 2011, 22:54   #2
BHPian

Default Re: Hello teammates

Hi murillo,
Welcome from another newbie. We have some similarities like 1) First get car owner in family, 2) Chennai, 3) Father's ride - Ind Suzuki. I can still remember the days when I learnt riding on my Dad's Ind-Suzuki.
Once again, Welcome to the lovely bunch of Car lovers.

Thanks,
Karthic
Closed Thread