| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|25th February 2006, 22:43||#1|
Join Date: Feb 2006
Thanked: 0 Times
This is an amazing site. I have been researching for my new car and the kind of info I have found here is phenomenonal.
I have read a whole lot great stuff about the Baleno. I am planning to go in for a Baleno Vxi. (please let me know if it is a wrong decision). I have done a test ride and found it nice, comfortable and smooth. I am yet to test the fords and hyundai.
Currently drive a wagon r (and i love it). I need a car which would be doing an average of 60-80 km per day. The price Pasco, gurgaon, is offering me is Rs 6.63 (ex-showroom), Ins - nil, Rs 11000 (registration); disc - Rs 28000 (dealer) + Rs 30,000 (finance disc)
Since I am still in the research more, pls help me out. Couple of queries
1. Does a CNG makes sense. What are the issues with CNG?I spoke to someone who has got a CNG in his Baleno and he seems very happy about it.
2. Are they higher higher discounts?
3. Should I consider any other car given the daily travel
4. I would also by doing long distance driving, so how is the handling of a Baleno
Thanks in advace for all the support. I have read and found that this is one of the well informed and supportive groups.
|26th February 2006, 03:26||#2|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Nov 2004
Thanked: 35 Times
firstly welcome to tbhp.
1)if driven cautiosly the baleno will easily give you 12+ with AC on 100% of the time in city.but it all boild down to your driving style. CNG only makes sence if you really really bothered about your mileage.which i feel if you are that it makes sence buying a desiel vehicle like the accent Crdi or the fiesta.but if you really want the baleno and want to go in for a conversion i would suggest Lpg.i think its better than CNG in a couple of ways and a friend of mine has LPG in his astra.no problems as such but dont expect the same performance and responsiveness from the engine after the conversion.
2) dont really know about the discounts.
3)yeah.why dont you check out the accent crdi and fiesta desiel too.
4) handling of the baleno is great.if your going in for the vxi its okay as it comes with 185 mm rubber but if your going for the lxi make sure you get thicker tubeless tyres considering that youll be doing long distance travel sometimes.
enjoy your stay here.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Hey Everyone...||kimibabe||Introduce yourself||15||15th April 2004 00:31|
|Hello Everyone!||Pferdestärke||Introduce yourself||20||1st April 2004 13:55|
|hi everyone||Iceman||Introduce yourself||5||29th March 2004 02:41|
|Hi everyone||amit||Introduce yourself||4||10th March 2004 23:28|
|hi everyone||dieselpower||Introduce yourself||0||20th February 2004 20:08|