Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 23rd September 2011, 23:17   #1

Default Finally I am in Team-BHP, can't believe my eyes!!!

Hello everyone, I can't believe that my team-bhp membership got finally approved. Such a nice feeling.

I am following the team-bhp forum for the past 4 years. The information available is very helpful.

Though my team-bhp membership got approved on 11-Aug-2011 but I was very depressed during that time. I had gone for a Free Flow Exhaust with RedRooster Performance (Bangalore) for my 2007 Maruti Suzuki Baleno VXi (Type-III) and it failed and finally after taking all the pain (financially and mentally) I was able to restore back my vehicle to the original condition today. I had to spend a lot to get it restored. Right now all my tensions are gone and pretty much relaxed. I am going to post all the details soon.

I am a software engineer settled in Bangalore for last 5.5 years. Currently working as Senior Engineering Manager for a private company. We develop automotive solutions/Products mainly for the US & European Market. We also develop solutions for Indian Market as well. My interest for cars started from my childhood. Now with my job also in the automobile domain is something which I really enjoy.

I was in USA and Middle-East for 4 years and got the opportunity to drive vehicles like Pontiac Grandprix, Dodge Charger, Dodge Caliber, Ford Taurus, Mercedes Benz ML-320, Dodge Caravan, PT Cruiser etc.
Old 26th September 2011, 15:32   #2
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Finally I am in Team-BHP, can't believe my eyes!!!

welcome Sarbashish - looking forward to your gyan from your domain
Old 26th September 2011, 16:30   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Welcome . Nice to have you with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarbashishb View Post
I had gone for a Free Flow Exhaust with RedRooster Performance (Bangalore) for my 2007 Maruti Suzuki Baleno VXi (Type-III) and it failed and finally after taking all the pain (financially and mentally) I was able to restore back my vehicle to the original condition today.
What failed? You mean the exhaust, or was there any other damage? Please post your experiences in a new thread because it will help a lot many enthusiasts in making an informed decision.

Quote:
We develop automotive solutions/Products mainly for the US & European Market.
That means we can come catch your neck for all the unreliability (mainly electronic) issues that our European cars face . Just kidding.

Drive safe!
Old 26th September 2011, 19:04   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarbashishb View Post
I had gone for a Free Flow Exhaust with RedRooster Performance (Bangalore) for my 2007 Maruti Suzuki Baleno VXi (Type-III) and it failed and finally after taking all the pain (financially and mentally) I was able to restore back my vehicle to the original condition today.
Another BHPian went with a free flow exhaust for his Maruti Suzuki Baleno (not sure which model) and it didn't work out for him/her either. You might want to read about it on the forum. You might want to have another go on the Maruti Suzuki Kizashi - it comes with a 2.4L engine and 6-speed manual transmission. If you are considering a newer purchase, you can get a piggy-back ECU mod (Pete's or Spyder) that can get you a considerable increase in performance (though you might want to take off before pollution testing). There's one available for the Maruti Suzuki Swift.
Old 26th September 2011, 22:16   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Welcome . Nice to have you with us.

What failed? You mean the exhaust, or was there any other damage? Please post your experiences in a new thread because it will help a lot many enthusiasts in making an informed decision.

That means we can come catch your neck for all the unreliability (mainly electronic) issues that our European cars face . Just kidding.

Drive safe!
The Free Flow Exhaust gave me a headache in cold start situation. The vehicle will hesitate and get all most stalled in full throttle. This happened for the first 10 mins. The pollution for HC, CO2 and CO surpassed the standard value limits and were all in red. My new spark plugs were getting black and I replaced twice in a span of 20 days. Engine overheating started. Till date I had spent about 55K for restoration. Luckily I had 60K with me for my audio upgrade and now I have spent everything in restoration. My audio upgrade got delayed now for 3-4 months.

I will post the complete story by this week with all minute details, things I have learned from this failed installation, things which got damaged, pictures etc..
Closed Thread