Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2011, 12:38   #1
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune/Manchester
Posts: 15
Thanked: Once
Default And here I begin.

Hi friends,

Like many others me too have been lurking around on this forum for quite sometime. Mostly reading the motorcycle threads I have gathered a lot of information but sadly still lacking any kind of practical knowledge of the 2 wheeled machines.
However, now that things have changed with me relocating to Delhi and buying my first motorbike (Classic 500 Maroon) it was high time that I joined in and became an active member.
A few machines that I have pseudo owned in the last 10 years:
1.Kinetic honda 1992 (Japanese engine): It would drift on absolutely everything, and I have managed to rear end a Merc E class with it too. Apologies if that person is here on the forum.
2. CBZ classic 2001: IMHO the second best 150 cc vehicle of all times (after the R15)
3. Yamaha RXG 1995 : the bike that has made me suffer the most, have fallen flat owing to unexpected wheelies.
4. Pulsar 180 Classic 2002: What a machine, belonged to a friend who had done quite some performance mods on it. Rode like a dream.
5. Caliber 115 Hoodibaba 2004 : Dads bike, apt for being the errand boy of the house.

And now that I own a Classic 500 Maroon (Nyx) with which I have madly fallen in love, it looks even less likely that I would try and learn to drive a car.

And what do I say about Team-BHP, everybody here is doing a wonderful job of contributing in a small or large manner and I am absolutely thrilled to be a part of it.

Cheers!!
Prakash
RabidBull is offline  
Old 27th September 2011, 15:26   #2
BHPian
 
sharninder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Goon-Gaon
Posts: 352
Thanked: 95 Times
Default Re: And here I begin.

Welcome to tbhp RabidBull. Hope to read more about your adventures with the bull soon.
sharninder is offline  
Old 27th September 2011, 15:57   #3
BHPian
 
kirantp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 384
Thanked: 129 Times
Default Re: And here I begin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidBull View Post
Hi friends,

Like many others me too have been lurking around on this forum for quite sometime. Mostly reading the motorcycle threads I have gathered a lot of information but sadly still lacking any kind of practical knowledge of the 2 wheeled machines.
However, now that things have changed with me relocating to Delhi and buying my first motorbike (Classic 500 Maroon) it was high time that I joined in and became an active member.
A few machines that I have pseudo owned in the last 10 years:
1.Kinetic honda 1992 (Japanese engine): It would drift on absolutely everything, and I have managed to rear end a Merc E class with it too. Apologies if that person is here on the forum.
2. CBZ classic 2001: IMHO the second best 150 cc vehicle of all times (after the R15)
3. Yamaha RXG 1995 : the bike that has made me suffer the most, have fallen flat owing to unexpected wheelies.
4. Pulsar 180 Classic 2002: What a machine, belonged to a friend who had done quite some performance mods on it. Rode like a dream.
5. Caliber 115 Hoodibaba 2004 : Dads bike, apt for being the errand boy of the house.

And now that I own a Classic 500 Maroon (Nyx) with which I have madly fallen in love, it looks even less likely that I would try and learn to drive a car.

And what do I say about Team-BHP, everybody here is doing a wonderful job of contributing in a small or large manner and I am absolutely thrilled to be a part of it.

Cheers!!
Prakash
Welcome aboard Prakash. Look forward to your posts.

Cheers,
Kiran
kirantp is offline  
Old 27th September 2011, 16:17   #4
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune/Manchester
Posts: 15
Thanked: Once
Default Re: And here I begin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirantp View Post
Welcome aboard Prakash. Look forward to your posts.

Cheers,
Kiran
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
Welcome to tbhp RabidBull. Hope to read more about your adventures with the bull soon.

Thanks kirantp and sharninder. Already starting to feel like I belong.
Would soon post about the few rides i have undertaken with my Bullet.
As and when I gain more knowledge I would post more but for now I belive it will only be a lot of queries to the gurus on the forum.
RabidBull is offline  
Old 28th September 2011, 06:46   #5
BHPian
 
k_nitin_r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Dubai,Hyderabad
Posts: 470
Thanked: 74 Times
Default Re: And here I begin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidBull View Post
Yamaha RXG 1995 : the bike that has made me suffer the most, have fallen flat owing to unexpected wheelies.
Do you mean to say you you engaged the front-brake using the brake lever on the handle bars and fell over after a front-wheelie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidBull View Post
Pulsar 180 Classic 2002: What a machine, belonged to a friend who had done quite some performance mods on it. Rode like a dream.
The Pulsar gained as much popularity as the Splendor and Samurai. It's definitely one of the more successful launches by Bajaj.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidBull View Post
And now that I own a Classic 500 Maroon (Nyx) with which I have madly fallen in love, it looks even less likely that I would try and learn to drive a car.
Although a diesel car may be able to match the economy of a bike in terms of running costs, it causes less pollution. The initial investment is much lower than a car. Add on a sidecar and you would have increased safety too (not as much as a nano or a maruti 800 in the event of a major crash though those are rare occurrences) at a quarter of what a cheap car would cost you. Besides, for going through toll gates, a bike with a sidecar is still a 2-wheeler!
k_nitin_r is offline  
Old 28th September 2011, 16:17   #6
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune/Manchester
Posts: 15
Thanked: Once
Default Re: And here I begin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_nitin_r View Post
Do you mean to say you you engaged the front-brake using the brake lever on the handle bars and fell over after a front-wheelie?

Hi Nitin, I guess that is a bit impossible to do.
The front of the RXG was almost weigtless and it used to pop a wheelie whenever the throttle was wrung, esp in the office parking when I had to climb a slope. Also, it didnt help that I am 6ft and 92 kgs and sit a little back on the seat.

The Pulsar gained as much popularity as the Splendor and Samurai. It's definitely one of the more successful launches by Bajaj.

Agree.


Although a diesel car may be able to match the economy of a bike in terms of running costs, it causes less pollution. The initial investment is much lower than a car. Add on a sidecar and you would have increased safety too (not as much as a nano or a maruti 800 in the event of a major crash though those are rare occurrences) at a quarter of what a cheap car would cost you. Besides, for going through toll gates, a bike with a sidecar is still a 2-wheeler!

I don't think I will ever be thinking of adding a sidecar to the CL500.
Infact I am going to remove the back seat on my bullet as well. Looks and feels so much cooler.
RabidBull is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Smart fortwo Electric Drive Production to Begin France hanmust The International Automotive Scene 0 9th October 2009 11:51
So I begin Tiberius Introduce yourself 3 25th September 2009 08:26
Let the party begin :) partyallnight Introduce yourself 1 28th February 2008 01:13
Cars of future - let your imagination begin!! sathya_nars The Indian Car Scene 17 30th August 2007 19:34
A simple "Hello" would be a nice way to begin.... zimmerman Introduce yourself 7 21st June 2006 14:56


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:40.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks