Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 24th October 2011, 15:06   #1
BHPian

Default Hello, TBHP (Better late than never)

Having redefined 'late' (been a member now for 2-years), I will now sheepishly introduce myself.

I'm Shyam and the best I can describe my involvement with automobiles is as someone who will drive/ride anything with wheels under it. I am not very technically inclined and most of the mechanical/electrical bits fly at a level at par with the jet stream for me, but I do love driving and travelling to places and how.

Uprooted from Kerala over a decade ago, I have been in Delhi ever since working for various media outfits for most of that time. Since 2009 I started working on my own and found the tradeoff between predictability and freedom to travel much to my liking, though the instability can get a bit crazy at times.

Some of my earliest memories of travel are of the family Allwyn Pushpak, all four of us on it, travelling up and down Kerala. Over time, I have owned a Yamaha RXG, Suzuki Shogun, Maruti 800 and a Maruti Swift Zxi (2007).

I have soloed Delhi - Jalori Pass - Manali - Leh - Srinagar - Delhi and Delhi - Trivandrum - Delhi in the Swift. The little car also took me safely through Delhi - Spiti- Leh - Delhi this year again. I'm now in the process of getting into place a Gypsy purely for touring. The Swift has done its best and beyond, but there are places where I can't take it without worrying constantly.

I am usually lurking mostly in the 4x4 section or the travelogues section, adding considerably to the bandwidth bills of this amazing community on a daily basis. I post rarely on the forum since most of what I want to know has already been answered.

So, thank you for allowing me onboard and also for the huge volume of information here.
codelust is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2011, 21:28   #2
BHPian

Default Re: Hello, TBHP (Better late than never)

Quote:
Originally Posted by codelust View Post
Having redefined 'late' (been a member now for 2-years), I will now sheepishly introduce myself.
============
So, thank you for allowing me onboard and also for the huge volume of information here.
Better late than never. Wow, Leh in a Swift! Hopefully you'll post some of your travelogues - would love to hear about your travels and travails (if any).
Old 16th November 2011, 12:08   #3
BHPian

Default Re: Hello, TBHP (Better late than never)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheiron View Post
Better late than never. Wow, Leh in a Swift! Hopefully you'll post some of your travelogues - would love to hear about your travels and travails (if any).
Going through an incredibly lazy phase these days, should I (hopefully) snap out of it, I'll post them!
Closed Thread