Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 30th October 2011, 16:36   #1

Post Hi all T-BHP members,

Hello everyone,

I am a 26 yr old software professional.Workwise i am a Senior Consultant in SAP specializing in XI and ABAP working with an MNC.

I am new to this forum as a member, but i have been regularly reading this forum for last 2 years or so.No one introuduced me to this. Infact i accidently stumbled upon this website via Google when i was trying to find some details related to some car (to be honest - i dont exactly remember which one ).When i explored this website , i found it to be very intersting.The matter presented in this website is very informative, genunine and honest.

I am always interested to talk, read , write : more about Cars, new technology , gadgets etc etc.I just pre-booked a kindle fire .

As a part of my work related to current project , i have to travel a lot to Torino, Italy.Most of you must be knowing this, but just for the ones who dont. FIAT stands for "Fabbrica Italiana Automobili Torino".Torino ( also called as Turin ) is the birth place of FIAT. I sit in FPT ( FIAT Power Train ) office from where i can see the assembly line for FIAT Power Trains.I also get to see the development mules being tested inside the compound.

Here in Italy, i have driven the below mentioned cars.

FIAT 500 1.2 Petrol - It is a very good and solidly built car.Has classy interiors.

FIAT Punto MJD - Best car for highway driving.We once did a roadtrip from ( Turin --> Vienna --> Bratislava ) and back.

FIAT Panda 1.2 petrol - FIAT should seriously thing of bringing this to India at a price point of 3.5 lac. A very peppy to drive city car.

Lancia Musa 1.3 MJD - A very sober looking, and the best utility hatchback i have ever driven.

In India, i booked the new Maruti swift in May 2011.Due to the workers strike at manesar plant, production of swift has been worstly affected.I still dont have a confirmed date of delivery for the car.
Tired of waiting, i am planning to change my booking to ALTO K10 VXI ( The pocket Rocket) .

This should be enough for the introduction. Hope it is not boring.

-- Sushil.
Sushil.H is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2011, 21:41   #2
BHPian

Default Re: Hi all T-BHP members,

Sushil, Welcome. Is the Italian Punto same as the one available in India? Also curious why you chose Swift over Punto - perhaps you can shed light on it (if you feel like it) in the "What Car" threads.
Old 4th November 2011, 23:18   #3

Smile Re: Hi all T-BHP members,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheiron View Post
Sushil, Welcome. Is the Italian Punto same as the one available in India? Also curious why you chose Swift over Punto - perhaps you can shed light on it (if you feel like it) in the "What Car" threads.
Hi Cherion,

The current punto that we have in India is not the latest one which you can find here. The new one here is called as Punto EVO. FIAT will launch in India the new version of punto in 2012 ( Source - AutoCarIndia ).

FIAT does not a have a good name in India, due to its "not so good" after sales service and availability of spares.I would prefer a car which gives me a hassel free ownership experience.Given maruti's proven track record in the after sales service and availability of spares, i chose Swift initially.

I believe that FIAT will improve a lot in the coming years, as they are planning to open their own showrooms and service centers across the country. ( Source - Fiat, Tata cars not to be sold under same roof - NDTV Profit )

Regards,
Sushil
Sushil.H is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread