Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 6th January 2012, 18:31   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Sweet Taste Of Success

Quote:
Originally Posted by heman_369 View Post
Welcome on board Maulik !
Is your Punto GJ registered. I probably have spotted you here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...r-car-964.html (Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car)
Hi Heman,
Yes i know that you spotted me, monaro_cv8 acknowledged your post and he dropped me a message to check the thread.
Looking forward to meet you at our team-bhp meet.
Old 6th January 2012, 18:44   #17
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jealousdiamond View Post
The much awaited has finally happened .. Welcome Maulik !!
I guess he will known more by his name than his handle.

Er, what was it?
Old 6th January 2012, 18:48   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
welcome aboard buddy, we have a lot of things in common -

1) We both have punto 90 HPs.
2) Both our cars have black vinyl on roof.
3) We both purchased our cars in Jan '11.
Hi raj_5004,

Yes buddy I agree, what a coincidence . Actually I have been following your ownership thread and it feels nice to know that punto has been serving you well.

Mod team note: Back to back posts, please use Multi Quote (Quote+) instead. Thanks

Last edited by Jaggu : 6th January 2012 at 19:04. Reason: Back to back posts, please use Multi Quote (Quote+) instead. Thanks
Old 6th January 2012, 19:37   #19
BHPian

Welcome to TBHP, the matte black coloured roof certainly does look good!

P.S: For all those who are thinking what on earth is Scofield, well, Micheal Scofield is the main protagonist of a TV series Prison Break!
Old 6th January 2012, 19:55   #20
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Have I met Maulik? Name sounds familiar. Anyway, next time I managed to come for a tapri meet in Pune, would like to catch up as well.
Old 6th January 2012, 21:19   #21
Senior - BHPian

Welcome on board buddy. Tell me more about the RD box which you installed and the overall experience
Old 6th January 2012, 22:15   #22
Senior - BHPian

Lol, this is the best intro I have read in 3+ years of BHP surfing.

Welcome aboard man! Wishing you a pleasant stay here,cheers!
Old 7th January 2012, 11:37   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Welcome aboard, Maulik. Is it that tough to become a member?? My, my, I have to thank my stars, then. Nice ride GP 90bhp.
<Tongue firmly in cheek> In fact at the last meet we were encouraging Scofield (then gotBHP? ) to publish his attempts so that we could start a thread on how NOT to get membership approved!

Naah- it's all good....some things are worth fighting for. That reminds me- we haven't met after the Garden Court meet- high time we plan something, yes?

maulik, can you also post a thread on your driving through Gujarat experiences? You know the stuff we were talking about yellow taping and the like. Should be fascinating.
Old 8th January 2012, 00:49   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
<Tongue firmly in cheek> In fact at the last meet we were encouraging Scofield (then gotBHP? ) to publish his attempts so that we could start a thread on how NOT to get membership approved!

Naah- it's all good....some things are worth fighting for. That reminds me- we haven't met after the Garden Court meet- high time we plan something, yes?

maulik, can you also post a thread on your driving through Gujarat experiences? You know the stuff we were talking about yellow taping and the like. Should be fascinating.
Noop, I can now surely start a thread on how not to get membership approved
I felt like a winner getting in here it was really a delightfull moment when i received the approval email. Yes a meet is pending and am sure we will have a blast.

Regarding that stickers which we see on GJ registered cars, it was basically a precaution taken by the government in order reduce the highbeam effect on the incoming traffic, that's why you will see RHS headlights painted or stickered with yellow colour. But somehow I feel this was helpfull when we had mono directional headlights in old Marutis and Tatas however the current OEM headlights are powerful enough to be least affected with the yellow strip. Now these stickers only help GJ traffic police to spot an outside car which is not GJ registered and earn some easy pocket money.

And also, the roads in and around GJ are really good and very smooth - I mean when I drive my GP in GJ the tyre noise is not there but in pune my accelers are quite audible.
Old 10th January 2012, 07:47   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scofield View Post
Hello BHPians,

Its great to be in finally. Was trying to get through the membership process since one year, applied for atleast 4 to 5 times but couldn't get through.
Then changed my job and didn't apply till this new year.However, the love for cars within me urged me again and applied again,to my surprise got an approval mail yesterday and was on the cloud nine.Gave my roomies a party for this success.

Currently I am driving Grande Punto 90hp - tuscan wine which i bought in Jan last year and have done 18k KMS.On its first birthday, gifted my car few gifts first being a Race Dynamic DieselTronic Chip - now it just leaps forward and its like a storm and second being 3D Kagu Mats . Have started to draft my long term ownership about the italian beauty, will open the thread soon.

If i have to summarise my ownership of GP90 in one word then it will be "TOP CLASS".

Here are few pics :-)

Hi Scofield. Welcome on board . We are almost sailing the same boat except that you have been trying for a little more and know about this site a lot more.

I wanted some information from you. Can you please share details of dealers who deal with Race Dynamic DieselTronic Chip and also throw some lite on its performance. It looks good I was planning to give it a try.
Old 17th January 2012, 16:07   #26
BHPian

Hey Maulik welcome aboard.So finally you are finally set to post here. Reading the earlier posts, would definitely like to know what your ideas are all about.
Old 17th January 2012, 17:13   #27
BHPian

Welcome Maulik!!
Looking forward to catching up with you during the upcoming meets!!
Please post a review about the RD chip mod!
Old 21st January 2012, 22:52   #28
BHPian

Welcome! Remember I drove your 90hp on NDA road during the Garden Court meet. Can't wait to sample the RD box next
Old 27th January 2012, 02:42   #29

Hello Maulik,

Welcome aboard, I'm new myself and I wanted to congratulate you and also tell you that matte roof certainly looks very nice!
Old 3rd February 2012, 23:14   #30
BHPian

Hello scofield ! Great roof of your 90hp. Congratulations for the approval, and so to say, we might be approved the same day! It feels great to be on board!
What difference do you feel now than the stock version?
Closed Thread