Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 9th February 2012, 18:06   #1
BHPian

Default Finally it happened..!

Hello everyone. Got my membership approved today on February 9th 2012. I am feeling honored and thrilled at the same time. Bumped up on the thread "http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announcements/2163-you-know-you-addicted-team-bhp-when.html" and i knew i ticked on all of the discussed points.

Name: Giri Ratan

Profession: Been in Retail Industry for 2.5 years after completing my MBA. Joined my Family business since 2010, manufacturing spares and components for the Bokaro Steel Plant.

Automobiles: I remember starting my dad's Premier Padmini with a piece of wood and my uncle's Rajdoot with a Iron nail at the age of 7-8 years. And that's it. The Auto bug bit me real deep and i scouted everywhere for automobile articles and magazines. Then Team-bhp happened when i was searching the replacement for my ageing Indica V2 DLS and rest is history. Even after i bought my new car (ford figo 1.4 TDCI EXI), this forum was never out of my sight. I must confess again that i am very lucky to be a part of a community full of true Petrolheads.

Cars & Bikes: We had following cars in our family, which i remember:

Premier Padmini (1976) - Sold
Maruti Omni (1989) - Sold
Maruti Omni (1991) - Sold
LML Vespa NV Self Start (1991) - Exchanged in 1996 with LML Vespa Select II
Mahindra MM540 Jeep (Bought used in 1993) - Sold
Yamaha RX 100 (1993) - Sold
Tata Indica v2 DLS (2003) - Sold
Ford Figo 14. TDCI EXI (2010) - At use
Bajaj Pulsar 150 DTSI (2006) - At use

Out of these learnt Riding on the RX 100 & Driving on the Omni & the Jeep.

Looking at the fun filled Drive here in the Team-Bhp!
Old 13th February 2012, 21:40   #2

Default Re: Finally it happened..!

Hi Blow Horn Ok!

Nice to know that you are from Bokaro, I too belong to Bokaro though for some time now settled in Hyderabad.

Team - BHP is a real addiction for me its more addictive than smoking. Nice to know that community have members in even in small and beautiful cities like Bokaro.

Welcome on Board!!
Old 13th February 2012, 23:37   #3
BHPian

Thanks a lot. I see you too joined soon. Congrats!!

Well i have also worked in hyderabad for a year.

Addiction to Team-bhp can't be compared to anything. Its exhilarating!
Old 13th February 2012, 23:50   #4
BHPian

Hello Blow Horn Ok, Welcome to T-BHP. I'm new here too. It reminds me of my college days whenever I hear 'Bokaro'. Its the name of the train 'Bokaro Express' that I used to take during my college days here
Old 14th February 2012, 00:35   #5
BHPian

Indeed is a small beautiful city but at present facing the issues related to basic infrastructure and public utilities due to poor governance and lack of public interference. People have just become used to the problems they face. Hope something miraculous happens for this under-privileged city!
Closed Thread