Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 11th April 2012, 23:58   #1
VSD
BHPian

Default Third time's the charm !!

Hi everyone,

My name is Vallabh, from Faridabad. I am a student, almost finished with my Undergrad in International Business Management at University of Nottingham. Aside from being an complete automobile enthusiast, I have my interests in sports, almost every one of them, more so in kickboxing, cricket and motor sports. I watch a lot of movies and International TV shows during my free time (welcome to the life of a student)

I am finally a part of Team-BHP. Took three attempts to get the moderators to approve my registration, but i am sure it will be worth it. I have been following the forum for a long time now. I found out about this site once when I was searching for some info about cars on google and found some interesting stuff, then just continued reading posts for at least 5-6 hours. After that I knew where to get all the info on the Indian car scene.

I learnt driving on a Santro and a WagonR, those were the cars my family owned back in the day. Next car my dad bought was a Skoda Octavia 1.9TDI automatic, which was the first automatic car I drove. Even though the car had some issues and broke down or something kept going wrong with it, I loved the car. It had solid build quality and had a feel good factor about it, which is something I liked, it was also a bit heavy and IMO that somehow made it more stable than some other Japanese counterparts.

In 2007 we bought a BMW E90 325i, one of the first ones to be delivered in NCR region (as told by the dealer). We went to book the 320d, but ended with a 325i. The 2007 E90 diesel variant had very few features as compared to the petrol model, which had sunroof and i-drive and best was that proper petrol powered engine which sounded fantastic when revved higher up till 4-5k rpm. Some one who has driven it, knows what i'm talking about.

Also bought a VW Touareg V6 TDI in the same year, which we ordered without even looking at the car in flesh. It was picked for being smaller than a Q7 (we do a lot of outside trips, where Q7 would just be too big) and it was rare too.
It was ordered in April 07, but later we were informed if we wait a few more months we cud get the new 2008 production model with some major changes in the exterior and interior design. It was delivered in October 2007, and is still with us till date.

I hope to share more and more with everyone out there and get as much knowledge as i can from other experienced members.

Please bare with me, as i am very new to the write ups and the forum.

VSD
Old 12th April 2012, 08:35   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Third time's the charm !!

Welcome VSD. Geographically speaking I am in your neighbourhood though every one is a neighbour and friend on this forum.

And please do not ask us to "bare" with you!! ;-)
sudev is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread