Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 12th June 2012, 20:26   #1
BHPian

Wink I'm a BHPian now ?? Seriously ??

Hey Everybody !
I'm from Chennai. College Student . Mechanical Engineering.
I know my handle name is a bit weird. I've been using it on the internet since 14 . So if you come across an icyspikey on twitter / STEAM or some other gaming accounts, Chances are its me!

I've been an ardent car fan since a kid. When my dad bought his first car (It is Obviously a Maruti 800 ) I slept in it that night refusing to come out. So the affection has grown over the years exponentially that I got my license the next day of my 18th birthday (The Birthday occurred on a Sunday! R.T.O Holiday).
When I came home to brag about my license (It's Kind Of An Achievement for me) Dad handed over the Figo Keys. My First Love.
It is a black car with a Grey Racing Stripe aligned to the left of the bonnet . And Some Fiat Abarth Inspired stripes on the sides. [ I replaced the ABARTH WIth My Name].
Then I Stole the Almost-10-year-old Sony Xplod 222W Amplifier And Sub Woofer from dad's Car .
Later did i realize it was a stupid move as dad installed a 1500W Pioneer AMP + Sub With Hertz speakers.
If only I had waited ..

So the next ambitious move was to join the famous and credible T-BHP. (I've been a silent reader since 16). Kudos To What T-BHp has done till now! Lives up to its tagline!
I must accept that i've learnt tons about cars through this forum. Before getting approval for my membership I took the liberty of buying the T Bhp Stickers and was hoping for the approval before sticking it!

Yes! My Cars are all stickered now!

So here goes the list of wheels My Family has owned : [ Chronological Order ]
1) Maruti 800 [ The White Pigeon ]
2) Maruti Zen
3) Ford Ikon 1.6 Sxi [ Dad's favorite]
4)Maruti 800 [ Again ! The Ford was bit of a guzzler ]
5) Hyundai Santro Xing XS [ Smooth Steering . Soft Handling]
6)Chevrolet Aveo U-VA [ Its a bit rare . Wonder why it wasn't successful ]
7)Honda City Gxi [ Smoothest Steering i've ever driven. Lacks Power though ]
Current :
1) Toyota Innova 2.5 V [ Pretty Much - Value For Money ]
2) Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi Titanium [ I know Figo lacks power . Still My Favorite Car ]
3) Skoda Rapid [ Yes it beats figo any time anywhere. Still The Clutch is too Annoying . SO Again Figo Wins ]
4) TATA Indica [ Well .. yes Its a car with almost nil sophistication . Great Mileage though . ]

PS : I saw a Ford Fusion With Love Cars . Live Cars Sticker on a street next to mine . TN - 07 - AY- ( I don't remember) Will Post a Picture soon on the sightings Forum !!
Without Wax ,
icyspikey

Last edited by .anshuman : 13th June 2012 at 21:02. Reason: Removed the third smiley. Please go through the rules
Old 13th June 2012, 16:46   #2
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: I'm a BHPian now ?? Seriously ??

Welcome icyspikey! Your handle is quite interesting- how did you get it?

That's quite a long list of cars in the family. Is it a diesel-only garage at this point?
Old 13th June 2012, 18:13   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hey Nice list of cars there -

all cars that you have owned have been pioneers in their segments. M800 brought car closer to midlle class. Ikon was the cheapest sedan money could buy and boy its was a success. Innova - enough said. Even Ministers, Actors, VVIPS travel in an Innova.

welcome to the Forum - Do read the rules of the forum to get accustomed.

I like your Signature - It is something India needs now.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 13th June 2012 at 18:14.
Old 13th June 2012, 20:49   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice intro, spikey. And welcome to the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icyspikey
When my dad bought his first car I slept in it that night refusing to come out.
While I have not slept in the car overnight, I dont think it is that rare a phenomenon. Once while looking out of the balcony of our flat at midnight, I thought I saw someone inside the new Opel Corsa that my neighbour had brought home that day. Initial worries of someone trying to break-in were put to rest, when I found that it was his teenage son. And the kid slept in the car all night - with the engine off (no a.c). I wonder how he managed the Chennai heat and the mosquitos. But love can make people do stranger things.
Old 14th June 2012, 11:00   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Welcome icyspikey! Your handle is quite interesting- how did you get it?

That's quite a long list of cars in the family. Is it a diesel-only garage at this point?
It is a derivation from Ice Spikes . As somebody else had that nick name in gaming accounts i modified it .

Yes It is . We run alot . So we keep changing it a bit sooner to get better resale value And Diesel is economical for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Hey Nice list of cars there -

all cars that you have owned have been pioneers in their segments. M800 brought car closer to midlle class. Ikon was the cheapest sedan money could buy and boy its was a success. Innova - enough said. Even Ministers, Actors, VVIPS travel in an Innova.

welcome to the Forum - Do read the rules of the forum to get accustomed.

I like your Signature - It is something India needs now.
Thank You scorpiobharath ! Haha . You are right indeed . They travel in Innova so as to keep us thunking that they are in the same financial state as us . But we know about the Land Cruisers in their garage .

Yes Sure !

I Love his quotes . Godfather was epic !

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Nice intro, spikey. And welcome to the forum.

While I have not slept in the car overnight, I dont think it is that rare a phenomenon. Once while looking out of the balcony of our flat at midnight, I thought I saw someone inside the new Opel Corsa that my neighbour had brought home that day. Initial worries of someone trying to break-in were put to rest, when I found that it was his teenage son. And the kid slept in the car all night - with the engine off (no a.c). I wonder how he managed the Chennai heat and the mosquitos. But love can make people do stranger things.
Thank You supremebaleno . You saw that recently ? That is some remarkable love , considering the weather here . Chennai was Cooler when i slept i guess .
Closed Thread