Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 19th July 2012, 20:17   #1
BHPian

Default Horsepower, resistance, melody and space

Hi Guys

I am Deepak Gupta and I am glad to have been accepted as a member here, itís always a pleasure to be in company of petrol heads, almost like belonging to a clan of hippies who meditate to the sound of music no one else can hear!

I work as an electrical integration engineer at Jaguar Landrover in UK. It has been quite a long journey from the days when I used to lust over and risk a limb to catch a second glimpse of a Jaguar outside my engineering college. I graduated with electronics engineering degree in 2007 and worked in electrical automation with Siemens in Bombay for 3 years. The love for cars was always there, I donít know what made me fall in love with cars and electronics, I guess it was the curiosity to learn more about tiny things making big and beautiful machines work faster and better. I then moved on to UK to get my masters in Automotive Systems from Loughborough University and eventually landed up in JLR with an internship. I started working on a permanent role six months ago. I have been having the time of my life for the past 8 months now, every day is an absolute joy

I do admit that I lack first hand experience of working on cars partly because I never had a car in my house, I bought my first car a month ago and partly because I was too busy fiddling around with circuits and resistors. But I love every bit of my driving here in UK, I have a red Honda Civic 1.6 SE VTEC. A Honda city 1.5 VTEC has always been my dream car to buy in India, I am moving very close to that dream!!

Besides cars and electronics, I worship rock gods like Jim Morrison, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd (the list is too long to post here). Astrophotography is my next desired foray, any one here who has ventured into the amazing world of hooking a DSLR to a telescope ??

Deepak
Old 19th July 2012, 22:39   #2
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Horsepower, resistance, melody and space

Nice to have a JLR employee! Would be great to hear your take on the JLR story. Not to mention your other interests, you will find many-many like minded individuals.

In spite of the many new bands, Floyd and Led Zep just refuse to leave one's play list including mine.

PS : There is also a heavy metal thread in the shifting gears section!
Old 19th July 2012, 22:47   #3

Smile Re: Horsepower, resistance, melody and space

Deepak,

Welcome to the club, and really an interesting intro. What more, you are already inside the hub, Jaguar. Regarding your "lack of first hand experience" thing, there is always a first time, we live and we learn. We never really lack anything untill we think of it, so always listen to your heart and "lacking something" is actually nothing but thinking of it, is.

PS: You already woke up the slept monster, and believe me, I am just turning my sterio ON for "Hey you" and "Stairway to Heaven".

Keep rocking!!!
Old 20th July 2012, 15:31   #4
Team-BHP Support

Welcome aboard!

What exactly does your daily job include (ie. what part of the car / systems are you working on)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgupta View Post
any one here who has ventured into the amazing world of hooking a DSLR to a telescope ??
Do you have a Canon?

Check out MagicLantern (MagicLantern.fm - Home). Its a 3rd party firmware that will unlock some additional features on your EOS camera - like super long exposures, useful for astrophotography.

cya
R

PS - General telescope thread on TBHP : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...rs-anyone.html (Telescopes & Binoculars anyone?)
Old 20th July 2012, 16:06   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Welcome aboard!

What exactly does your daily job include (ie. what part of the car / systems are you working on)?
I work in a department responsible for ensuring the software for all the modules on the car is designed to be Right First Time (RFT). So I am not a "system owner" as such. My daily job as of now includes analysing the network architecture using on and off board diagnostics and eventually use this feedback information to drive design changes in the software code.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Do you have a Canon?

Check out MagicLantern (MagicLantern.fm - Home). Its a 3rd party firmware that will unlock some additional features on your EOS camera - like super long exposures, useful for astrophotography.
I am in the process of buying a EOS 600D or 650D, will have it soon. Thanks for the link Rehaan, this looks really promising!!
Old 20th July 2012, 17:45   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome on board, Deepak. I am equally as curious as the others about JLR and your take about the company, but I suppose you would not always be able to speak your mind on an open forum anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgupta View Post
...any one here who has ventured into the amazing world of hooking a DSLR to a telescope ??
I do it the other way round - hooking a DSLR to a microscope.
Closed Thread