Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 10th August 2012, 13:52   #1
BHPian

Default Hello Team BHPians

Thank you for approving my membership and welcoming me on board.

I have only recently come across Team BHP in the last month when I started researching for a new car. Your enthusiasm and interest is very infectious and within a couple of weeks, I am a total fan of this site.

And have spent many hours of many days wading through the voluminous but very informative threads - far superior to any other site or magazine.

I am not a real petrol head, but might become one by contagion. I am from Delhi and I drive a Santro Xing with which I am happy. I drove my Premier Padmini (Dad's) for 15 years before buying the Santro.

I have no plans of selling the Santro but am researching to buy a new second car after about a year - for pleasure and not for work. It has to please my wife and children also (who are unhappy with Santro's back seat and bumpy ride) - so the back seat and interiors are important.

Looking at City/Verna/Fiesta/Vento (perhaps automatic transmission if it seems worth it)- and also the XUV though it is much above my budget.

Will look for help from all of you guys - and maybe contribute something from a layman's perspective of my test drives, since much of what you petrol heads write can be daunting for us laymen.

Cheers,
Old 10th August 2012, 14:41   #2
BHPian

Default Re: Hello Team BHPians

welcome to the forum! and good lucks with your purchase decision. do you still have the Permier Padmini? if yes, there are quite a few threads which would definitely inspire you to go towards a restoration of that classic.
infotech58 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2012, 17:27   #3
BHPian

Thanks infotech58.

I was forced to sell the Premier Padmini when I shifted house - and it wasnt running having stood still for 3 years - had done only 45000 Km and had new 5000Km run tyres - but spending 10,000 to make it run vs getting 10,000 in hand and getting rid of it - for a fairly busy person the choice was clear though heart rending.

Of the 45000 Km, around 20,000 was on highways and National Parks - mostly I used the Kinetic Honda for city driving in those days (since I couldnt afford the petrol) and used the car for visits to Jim Corbett, Bharatpur, Sariska and the like. That car's ruggedness saved my life twice when Maruti 800 might have toppled or broken an axle.

I also love my Santro for the same reason - it has been a good friend - and I have no wish to sell it - so since it is working fine - I wont.

My Kinetic Honda was bought by a grocery seller who is still using it and it is as good as it ever was. Now crossed 100,000 Km.

Cheers, Venkat
Old 10th August 2012, 18:38   #4
BHPian

Welcome, Enjoy your stay and I am sure you will find your vehicle of choice here, check out the "what car?" Thread.
AlphaKilo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2012, 19:10   #5
BHPian

Hey Venky! Welcome aboard Hope you enjoy your time on this awesome forum. And you get enough insight on choosing the right car for you.

Cheers! And keep revvin'!!
thumpingheart is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2012, 15:10   #6
BHPian

Thanks. The sheer volume of posts in What car thread is quite overwhelming.
Old 12th August 2012, 19:53   #7
BHPian

Welcome to Team BHP Venkytalks! I am sure you will find all the information you need for your next purchase!

Cheers and drive safe!
Siddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread