Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 15th September 2012, 17:30   #1

Default newbie onboard and waiting to take off

hi all,

After a long journey arrived at destination, Team-BHP. Check in was smooth, a quick security check by the mods and here i am onboard before i knew it. Some airlines could learn. Expect the journey to be long and easy, yet eventful.

Born legs 1st, a puneri by heart now staying in Kolkata waiting for it to become London (as promised by the CM).

Avid biker (at least used to be), restarted recently, passionate driver. At times my better half, wonders why at this age i chose to drive, specially thru city traffic, rather than use our dude who's KRA its is to drive. But this woman does know the songs that start in my system, when i am behind the wheel. The feel, of a rumbler, the cavity in the road the undulating surface all through the palms making me one with my beauties. What more comforting than this feel of oneness. Thats all for this now!!

Was browsing through some of the travelogues and decided this is the journey that i probably need to start on, at 43 some tell me i've worked to long and am going through a mid life crisis.

Rubbed a vase, the genie turned me back a few years, made me younger and i decided to take off.

Requested the missus, to read the travelogues, see the photo's, feel the experiences of others. As a first i didn't need to convince, the task was easily done. Her love for for me and her going through the information was enough.

We are on our way to Rajasthan from Kolkata and back. Nearly 5K kms for a couple who have never done more that 250 in a single trip, one way that is. Hope she enjoys as much i do, this is a v.imp part of the journey.

We gonna use our can(n)ons to shoot quite a bit, record in as much details and share all the spoils.

Wish us luck to may more travels.

Seatbelt signs are on, all comms to go off. More later.

Cheers

dare2travel

Current love
Outlander 2011
Monster 796

The missus
Corolla 2008
dare2travel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2012, 11:16   #2
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: newbie onboard and waiting to take off

Quote:
Originally Posted by dare2travel View Post
hi all,

After a long journey arrived at destination, Team-BHP. Check in was smooth, a quick security check by the mods and here i am onboard before i knew it. Some airlines could learn. Expect the journey to be long and easy, yet eventful.
Corolla 2008

Wow Man - an impressive write up. WElcome one board.

Corolla 2008 - A toyota Fan. Same pinch. . I too am an avid toyota fan

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...e-posting.html
Old 16th September 2012, 18:51   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome on board Team-BHP, dare2travel. A Puneri in Kolkata, so tell us more about your stay there. How long have you been living in Kolkata?

Midlife crisis, eh? Team-BHP will soon take care of that collectively! There are enough of us criss-crossing the country on wheels all the time, for you to receive all the luck during (as well as before and after) your travels - you'll keep bumping into the others more frequently than you think!
Old 16th September 2012, 20:31   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

As a Calcuttan, let me exrend a very warm welcome.
The 796 here?

Regards
Sutripta
Old 17th September 2012, 11:16   #5
BHPian

Welcome on board,

Lovely write up, gives copywriters like me a complex Looking forward to your travel logs. Have a great trip and drive safe

Cheers!
Aadhitya
Old 17th September 2012, 14:40   #6
BHPian

hey welcome onboard and really a very good start off. And its always good to start late than never. Wish you luck as well for all future trips . Drive safe
Closed Thread