Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 6th November 2012, 18:24   #1
BHPian

Default Introducing myself a year after joining!

A big hello to all fellow T-BHPians.

I am Harshal Bhosale from Pune, all of 20 years old, currently pursuing BE in Mechanical Engineering (3rd year).

I've been hooked onto Team-BHP since over a year, but never posted anything until just recently (maybe because I was content just absorbing and assimilating the vast treasure-trove of knowledge that this place offers)! What triggered me to start posting was possibly reading about Sam's accident. I was (and forever will be) an ardent follower of his Yetiblogs® and reading about it was quite a shock. And I realized that I hadn't conversed with this persona even once, despite having a chance to do so. That sort of began my TBHP journey all over again.

My membership request had gotten approved in the first attempt itself, and remember having slept happily that night. Just today I remembered that I hadn't even posted my intro thread yet, so here we are!

I ride a trusty old Splendor as my daily steed, and the cars in our family are an M800 (5 speed mpfi) and a Ford Fiesta Classic (I prefer that rather than the 'Ford Classic' that the company calls it). We also have a rickety old Scooty ES.

I've always been an auto freak, and love anything on wheels that runs on an IC engine. I love reading auto magazines, favourites including Overdrive, TopGear and Zigwheels (have a sizeable collection). I am an ardent F1 follower, and my favourite past time is watching BBC's TopGear episodes over and over again.

Needless to say, I got into this field to pursue this exact passion, and how well it has rewarded me. Until now (3rd year), I have already participated in two national level car-building competitions as a part of a 20-member team representing our college - Baja SAEIndia and Supra SAEIndia. That, and T-BHP, have been instrumental in increasing my automotive gyaan tenfold over the last year.

Apart from that, my hobbies include cycling, trekking and reading.

To finish off, cars I wish to own:
1. BMW M5 E60 (Bangle-d)
2. Honda Civic (current Indian model, ageless beauty for me)
3. Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano

The list actually is quite long (about 20 cars, I remember having made it when I was in class 10, but I've lost that piece of paper now!), but yeah, these 3 are quite important!

I look forward to an even better journey ahead on this forum, and learning and sharing info about the one passion we all have in common - automobiles!

Thanks and regards,
Harshal.
Old 8th November 2012, 11:57   #2
BHPian

Default Re: Introducing myself a year after joining!

Hi Harshal. Welcome aboard. Its very nice to know that you are pursuing your passion by participating in such national level competitions. Looking forward to the long term ownership review of Ford Fiesta Classic. Its a great car and would like to know your experience with it.
Old 8th November 2012, 15:44   #3
BHPian

Welcome aboard TBHP, harshal. Have seen some of your posts already. Guess you have already read and are following the rules.

Looking forward to more from you
Old 8th November 2012, 21:12   #4
BHPian

Welcome to Team-bhp , follow all rules and keep writing . Good to know that you have participated in car uilding competitions. It sounds very cool , i have nver done such things in my life even though i would have loved to do such things.

DO share your stories on building cars !
Old 9th November 2012, 02:29   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accius
Looking forward to the long term ownership review of Ford Fiesta Classic. Its a great car and would like to know your experience with it.
Sure. The Fiesta is currently is used by my father daily, but a long term review sure is on the cards. Lets see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pganapathy
Welcome aboard TBHP, harshal.
Looking forward to more from you
Will be my pleasure to interact with you too! :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth
DO share your stories on building cars !
By and by, surely will. Thanks.

Thanks for the warm wishes everyone!
Closed Thread