Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 22nd November 2012, 15:29   #1
BHPian

Default BHPian it is...

Hi everyone,
I can't express how delighted am to be a part of Team BHP.
I was surprised to see my membership accepted in my first try itself! Thanks a ton Mods.

About me:
I am from Bangalore and I work as a programmer for automotive applications. I have always been crazy about cars, bikes, trains. I always wanted to be somehow associated with the automotive domain and am glad that my profession compliments my interests.
I grew up across different parts of India and this has been one of the best things to happen to me. Thanks to my Dad This also lead me to start going ga-ga over Indian Railways. I go crazy watching both the engine and guard on a curve from the door, hooting when passing through a tunnel and meeting interesting people in the trains.
I completed my engineering and came to Bangalore to pursue my career. I was fortunate enough to work in an environment where I could understand and interact with OEMs and this also lead me to visit the Mecca of Automobiles: Deutschland
During my stay in Stuttgart, I ensured that I chose my house near to the Porsche Museum, to ensure that I had a look at those beauties every time I got out. I used to click every Porsche and BMW on my way when I landed there.
Back now in India, am trying to explore different places and collecting 'gyan' from the experts on this forum. I would be glad to contribute whatever I know and keep discovering new ideas, new places and people through this amazing forum.

About Team BHP:
The main reason why I feel so proud and excited about this forum is due to the people involved here. I have read the travelogues and other comments of so many members and its is astonishing to know such passionate people being part of it. Their interests spread across different domains (photography, gadgets, wildlife, travel) and united by CARS. I feel privileged to be a part of this family now.

Currently I don't own an car, although am planning to get one soon. My usage inclines me toward a petrol and am totally fida over the Honda Jazz. Appreciate your feedback and opinions. Looking forward to the great times ahead...

Cheers!
Old 22nd November 2012, 19:40   #2
BHPian

Default Re: BHPian it is...

Welcome aboard TBHP, motonanu. Please make it a point to go through the rules so that you enjoy a pleasant stay on the forum.

You are so lucky to have stayed so close to the Porsche museum. I really envy you and look forward to all those photos at the soonest.

If your mileage and pocketbook permits it, by all means go in for a jazz. It is one of the best cars available in India for most conditions. It's only problem as such is low ground clearance. Be a bit careful over bangalore's famed chassis breakers and you will truly enjoy the vehicle.
pganapathy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2012, 22:34   #3
BHPian

Hi MonoNanu. Welcome, you are, I guess, one of the very few who has had their membership approved at first go. And from what you have described, I guess you would be having a huge collection of pics of Porches and BMWs. Would surely like to see some interesting ones.
Also, Jazz is a very good choice. Cheers.
Accius is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2012, 10:38   #4
BHPian

Thanks guys for the welcome.
Shall surely post some pics when I get some time off.

Jazz sure is the hot favorite. Hopefully it soon gets parked in the garage
Closed Thread