Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 27th December 2012, 10:56   #1
M35
BHPian

Default Finally Here - A car lover from Palakkad [KL]

I am a teacher by profession but driving is my passion, though I love teaching too. I work abroad around ten months a year helping my students to do the best they can in the Cambridge International Examinations .

Away from home I derive the very best pleasure to seek different ways to get concepts across to my students , I miss my m-Hawk every day though. I carry my basic DSLR wherever I go and play around with it whenever I get time but still a blind behind the lens.

Feeling proud to be a TBHPian and looking forward to having a pleasant stay with all of you.
Finally Here - A car lover from Palakkad [KL]-basket-1.jpg
M35 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th December 2012, 14:52   #2
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Finally Here - A car lover from Palakkad [KL]

Let me the first to welcome here. From one Palakkadan to another

Enjoy our stay here. Looking forward to read about your Chinese experiences!!
Old 27th December 2012, 17:00   #3
M35
BHPian

@mallumowgli

Thank you for those nice words buddy. I shall certainly share here my experience in China with plenty of pictures.It is an amazing country.The rate at which the changes [in infrastructure] take place here is unbelievable. Here is a teaser picture taken from my office, when I was killing time after lunch a few days back.

Finally Here - A car lover from Palakkad [KL]-t1.jpg
Old 27th December 2012, 17:51   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35 View Post
I shall certainly share here my experience in China with plenty of pictures.It is an amazing country.The rate at which the changes [in infrastructure] take place here is unbelievable.
It would be nice if many of those pictures are about the automobiles in China, covering new gen, economical hatches as well as classic vintage ones.
Cheers!
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2012, 18:06   #5
M35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
It would be nice if many of those pictures are about the automobiles in China, covering new gen, economical hatches as well as classic vintage ones.
Cheers!
Obliged buddy. I shall certainly click a few and share here. Chinese car markert is dominated my foreign brands, the most popular being VW,Audi and BMW [from what i have seen on roads here].

This website is one of the best if you want to have a clear picture of various car brands in China.http://chinaautoweb.com/chinese-brands/

Of the chinese car brands The Great Wall Motors[who announced their India entry in 2014], The Cherry motors [ the one along with Tata owns a JLR unit in China] and BYD are stand out players here.
M35 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2012, 19:19   #6
BHPian

Default Re: Finally Here - A car lover from Palakkad [KL]

Quote:
Cheers!
M35. Welcome to TBHP. Yes, as pointed out by Rajeev k please start a new thread with Chine automobiles. Even I was think about the same.
Old 27th December 2012, 22:55   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Of the chinese car brands The Great Wall Motors[who announced their India entry in 2014], The Cherry motors [ the one along with Tata owns a JLR unit in China] and BYD are stand out players here.
Would like to know about the clones or copy cats made by Chinese manufacturers too.
Old 28th December 2012, 11:42   #8
M35
BHPian

Quote:
Would like to know about the clones or copy cats made by Chinese manufacturers too.
You seem to have some preconceived thoughts about China and cars in china. Of course I do find some familiar looking cars on roads here but on the whole, whether its brands, numbers, quality or equipment levels we are ages behind this country.

Just to take one example GWM Haval H6 SUV is the best selling in its segment competing head on with the likes of VW Tiguan and Hyundai ix35.Its interesting especially if you look at its specifications and safety features it is equipped with.

I shall start a thread on this and we can discuss more there.
Finally Here - A car lover from Palakkad [KL]-greatwallhavalh6005.jpg
Pic source:http://chinaautoweb.com/car-models/g...-haval-h6-suv/
Old 29th December 2012, 01:38   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You seem to have some preconceived thoughts about China and cars in china.
I didn't get you.
Quote:
Of course I do find some familiar looking cars on roads
This is what I meant.
Quote:
but on the whole, whether its brands, numbers, quality or equipment levels we are ages behind this country.
I didn't question that.

Now take a look.
source & link

Name:  bmw7vsbydf6.jpg
Views: 777
Size:  147.9 KB
Name:  bmwvsbydlogo.jpg
Views: 746
Size:  69.0 KB
Name:  daewoomatizvscheryqq.jpg
Views: 747
Size:  177.9 KB
Name:  fronteravslandwind.jpg
Views: 751
Size:  180.0 KB
Name:  hondacrvvslaibaosrv.jpg
Views: 753
Size:  194.0 KB
Name:  mercedescvsgeelymerrie300proto.jpg
Views: 752
Size:  230.9 KB
Name:  nissanxtrailvsgreatwallsing.jpg
Views: 758
Size:  185.4 KB
Name:  rollsroycephantomvshongqihqd.jpg
Views: 753
Size:  161.5 KB
Name:  toyotapradovsdadishuttle.jpg
Views: 737
Size:  169.5 KB
Name:  toyotavsgeely.jpg
Views: 725
Size:  58.2 KB
I asked for more first hand info on clones, that is all.

Last edited by rajeev k : 29th December 2012 at 01:44.
Old 29th December 2012, 09:22   #10
M35
BHPian

Quote:
I didn't get you.
I was confused after reading one of your earlier posts but not anymore thanks to your most recent post with pictures taken from web. Some of those web pictures look like some Mod jobs at the same time I do see those car manufacture logos, like BYD in real as well.

Quote:
I asked for more first hand info on clones, that is all.
I am sorry it is snowing here severly and i won't be able to do it in the near future at least.Also I don't have any pictures of such cars taken already since i didn't have any intention to to so.

As I said earlier there are a few familiar looking cars seen on roads in China. As an auto enthusiast what interests me most is the number and variety of new generation cars both local and foreign brands in the current chinese market.
I don’t understand the difference between “copy cats” with some specific brands/countries and for some others “ inspired from”. For me both of those mean the same if one can’t come out with a distinct and unique design.
Old 29th December 2012, 12:02   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was confused after reading one of your earlier posts but not anymore'
Also I don't have any pictures of such cars taken already since i didn't have any intention to to so.
Now I am getting confused

Quote:
I don’t understand the difference between “copy cats” with some specific brands/countries and for some others “ inspired from”. For me both of those mean the same if one can’t come out with a distinct and unique design.
If any manufacturer copies some other manufacturer's design and sells without license or collaboration then it is an infringement. If in any country if it is permitted then one can call it a copy. Isn't it?

Outside of cars mobile phones are also witnessing such activity. Plenty of iPhone 5 clones stemming from China have already emerged, with some released even before the device was announced.

Last edited by rajeev k : 29th December 2012 at 12:08.
Old 29th December 2012, 12:38   #12
BHPian

Welcome to Team BHP, teacher. I am sure you'll have a great time here, exchanging information on automobiles and related stuff.

It would be an interesting post on Chinese automobiles if you start it. I hear they are quite hardy and tough. If they can come into India, I'm sure it will make our current manufactures pull up their socks.
Old 29th December 2012, 13:05   #13
M35
BHPian

Quote:
Now I am getting confused

If any manufacturer copies some other manufacturer's design and sells without license or collaboration then it is an infringement?

I don't have any academic record for that buddy to beleive what you are saying?

Outside of cars mobile phones are also witnessing such activity. Plenty of iPhone 5 clones stemming from China have already emerged, with some released even before the device was announced.
Though they make cheap stuffs , I find most of them better built too in China. I too know that there are many cheap [price and quality] things are sold in our markets in india in the name of “Chinese”. Are all of them really made in china? I doubt. Surprisingly in India , there are more takers for those cheaper things than the products made in India. If all those low quality products are of great demand in India ,we have to blame ourselves going for those “use and throw” articles. I also heard that those low quality products are manufactured targeting only countries like India, Bangladesh, Pakistan etc

We can continue our discussion in the new thread, thanks.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...try-whole.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodcrawler View Post
Welcome to Team BHP, teacher. I am sure you'll have a great time here, exchanging information on automobiles and related stuff.

It would be an interesting post on Chinese automobiles if you start it. I hear they are quite hardy and tough. If they can come into India, I'm sure it will make our current manufactures pull up their socks.
thanks a lot and +100 to your comment.please do share your share there.
Old 29th December 2012, 17:00   #14
Senior - BHPian

Rio which is assembled from CKD kits of Zotye Nomad I made by Zotye Auto of China is another example of copying. The vehicle is an inferior copy of an ancient Terios model that has been discarded by Daihatsu.
Old 29th December 2012, 23:01   #15
BHPian

Welcome aboard M35 and good to see another Malayalee here.
akhil_rpmlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread