Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 9th January 2013, 04:17   #1

Smile Whoa! Finally, after years of procrastination

Hii!
A big shout out to all the BHPians here and thanks to Team-BHP for giving me a voice.
I've been a covetous visitor to Team-BHP for many years now, infact more than half a decade. That's a rather long time of procrastination on my part. For the past many years the site sits on top of my bookmarks. I visited here more than once a day despite not even being a registered member. Of late the desire to share my views with fellow BHPians shook my laziness away and I'm finally here!
During childhood Star Trek to me was McLaren F1. In Colaba while travelling by school bus and looking out of the window amongst Cielos and Contessas I used to obsess over Mercs, Land Cruisers, Pajeros and Celicas. BMW and Audi imports were rare then.

Cars I've liked over the years:
'90s: Zen, 1st gen City Vtec, Lancer, Safari, Classic 4X4.
2000s: Palio S10, Ikon 1.6, Octavia L&K and vRS, 2nd gen Accord (2004), Civic, E-Class W211, 3 Series E90.

Today:
diesel- Figo, Ertiga, Rapid, Duster, Laura, Yeti, X1 and 3 Series.
petrol- Spark (pre-facelift with beige interiors), Brio, Fiesta Classic, Linea T-Jet, Laura, Superb, 3 Series.

Cars I had/have- 1999 Zen Vxi, 2010 Spark LT
Planning to buy- Figo, Ertiga/Rapid/Duster
Cars I can't wait for- EcoSport, Fiesta hatch, Focus sedan, Mondeo, Kuga, Panda, Twingo, Clio, Megane, GT86, Up!

Car brands I want in India: Lotus, Mazda, Subaru, Peugeot CitroŽn, Jeep.
If had the money: 458 Italia, GT-R, R8, Cayman R, Cayenne, Freelander, XJ.

Favorite car brands: Porsche, BMW, Skoda, Ford, Lotus, Land Rover, Jeep.
Carmaker I don't like: Hyundai

What I always look for in a car is driving pleasure. Steering feel and handling swing the deal for me. Can't compromise on the Nirvana of feeling connected to the car's soul.

Love for bikes started as a kid thanks to dad's Yezdi. Love Cafe Racers of yore.

Two wheelers I had/have: Yezdi 350, 1998 Chetak, 2010 Activa.
Planning to buy: 200 NS, Duke 200, RE Classic 500 Desert Storm.

Can't wait for: Duke 390, Pulsar 390, Ninja 300, Yamaha 250cc.
Garage desires: Ninja 650R, Yamaha R6, Monster, HD Iron 883.
Favorite bike brands: MV Agusta, Moto Guzzi, Aprilia, Triumph, KTM, Bajaj.

I'm an engineer. Still studying. Other interests include the Internet-social media, modern design, tech, sports, reading, movies, music, travelling & stand-up comedy.
It's really going to be great for me to meet so many like minded folks here who share a common passion for cars & bikes. Eagerly looking forward to it.
I'm Rohit Raj and I live in Navi Mumbai.
Cheers!
Old 9th January 2013, 07:27   #2
BHPian

Default Re: Whoa! Finally, after years of procrastination

Welcome aboard TBHP, jattaRR. Please make it a point to go through the rules so that you enjoy a pleasant stay on this forum.

Wow, that is an impressive list of vehicles there. Guess you were born a petrol head huh.

Am sure there are some even more impressive vehicles still being designed out there that will fit into your list in the future. Enjoy it when they come.
pganapathy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2013, 14:39   #3
Zed
BHPian

Default Re: Whoa! Finally, after years of procrastination

From one 'old-timer' Mc Laren F1 fan to another, welcome aboard!

Treated myself to some goodies from the McLaren online store prior to the year end break which was delivered earlier this week. Discounts on clothing and accessories were on offer prior to X mas - may still be on in case you are interested.
Attached Images

Old 9th January 2013, 23:48   #4

Forgot to mention about Jeeps. Since childhood my summer holidays were spent in Jaipur so it was Mahindra Jeeps all the way in the sandy terrain where cars would easily struggle. Hold Jeeps close to heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pganapathy View Post
Welcome aboard TBHP, jattaRR. Please make it a point to go through the rules so that you enjoy a pleasant stay on this forum.

Wow, that is an impressive list of vehicles there. Guess you were born a petrol head huh.

Am sure there are some even more impressive vehicles still being designed out there that will fit into your list in the future. Enjoy it when they come.
Don't know if it's in the head or the soul but just can't get enough of cars and bikes. Regarding future vehicles I'd say that I despise expensive cars. Love VFM regular cars which offer that something extra. Certainly waiting for affordable sports cars and hot hatches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zed View Post
From one 'old-timer' Mc Laren F1 fan to another, welcome aboard!

Treated myself to some goodies from the McLaren online store prior to the year end break which was delivered earlier this week. Discounts on clothing and accessories were on offer prior to X mas - may still be on in case you are interested.
Thanks Zed! Will check out the deals there. When the McLaren F1 was out I was still a kid who saw it on posters and calenders. Just couldn't get myself to fathom what it was. The design blew everything else out of the way. To me it was like some small UFO/spaceship from out of this planet.

Last edited by Technocrat : 10th January 2013 at 03:29.
Closed Thread