Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 24th January 2013, 09:38   #1
BHPian

Default Tada, here I am.

Mudhalaipatti is a tiny little hamlet on the Karur-Trichy border in TamilNadu, where the earth is so fertile, you stand on it for a few days, you'll reap new ideas from your brain. I hail from a fairly large farming family. Moved out of the greener pastures to less greener pastures in search of education, in search of Job. But my heart is very much in Mudhalaipatti and that's my user name as well. It's my identity.

Now apart from my identity, what qualifies me are - a Business Analyst, a adventure sports lover, an ardent History buff, especially Cholas, almost maniac follower of the late Kalki's writing, a part time organic farmer, a beginner in the automative forums, an Apple fan boy, a photography buff and mot importantly I'm growing up with along with my kid.

I own a Tata Indiac DLS 2002 model, a 1995 500 cc Bullet, that was gifted to me to take my kid on joy rides and a Bajaj CT100, that ferries me to work and back. I plan to upgrade my vehicle(s) soon and I intend to chronicle my automative baby steps in this forum. You have been warned !
Old 24th January 2013, 09:54   #2
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Tada, here I am.

Welcome to the club!!!

Your handle reminds me of the Gopinath's Neeya Naaya. Hope you get it

Very true that we compromise on many things for the sake of Education & Job, including our lands!
Old 24th January 2013, 11:16   #3
BHPian

Welcome buddy. In my opinion, farming would be the best job in coming 20 years. With so much of farm land going to real estate concrete jungles, those with farms will be the kings! Appreciate that you still cherish and value your roots, and that you're very much into farming.
Old 24th January 2013, 12:01   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudhalaipatti View Post
Mudhalaipatti is a tiny little hamlet on the Karur-Trichy border in TamilNadu, where the earth is so fertile, you stand on it for a few days, you'll reap new ideas from your brain. I hail from a fairly large farming family. Moved out of the greener pastures to less greener pastures in search of education, in search of Job. But my heart is very much in Mudhalaipatti and that's my user name as well. It's my identity.

Now apart from my identity, what qualifies me are - a Business Analyst, a adventure sports lover, an ardent History buff, especially Cholas, almost maniac follower of the late Kalki's writing, a part time organic farmer, a beginner in the automative forums, an Apple fan boy, a photography buff and mot importantly I'm growing up with along with my kid.

I own a Tata Indiac DLS 2002 model, a 1995 500 cc Bullet, that was gifted to me to take my kid on joy rides and a Bajaj CT100, that ferries me to work and back. I plan to upgrade my vehicle(s) soon and I intend to chronicle my automative baby steps in this forum. You have been warned !
Welcome aboard and wish you a great stay on this wonderful forum We have one thing in common; even I own a 1995 RE 500 Can we see some pics of your bike?
Happy Motoring,
Cheers!
Aadith
Old 24th January 2013, 13:05   #5
BHPian

Smile Re: Tada, here I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Welcome to the club!!!

Your handle reminds me of the Gopinath's Neeya Naaya. Hope you get it

Very true that we compromise on many things for the sake of Education & Job, including our lands!
Got it. I could manage a thanks.
Fortunately I have folks to take care of the land, till my retirement. Let's hope for the better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
Welcome buddy. In my opinion, farming would be the best job in coming 20 years. With so much of farm land going to real estate concrete jungles, those with farms will be the kings! Appreciate that you still cherish and value your roots, and that you're very much into farming.
Thanks. Can't agree more. Agriculture will be the most profitable business in the next 15-20 years. A lot of colleagues are also in to agriculture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadithsince1980 View Post
Welcome aboard and wish you a great stay on this wonderful forum We have one thing in common; even I own a 1995 RE 500 Can we see some pics of your bike?
Happy Motoring,
Cheers!
Aadith
Thanks. I shall definitely update my garage pic soon.
Mudhalaipatti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2013, 12:05   #6
BHPian

Welcome aboard TBHP, mudhalaipatti. Please make it a point to go through the rules so that you enjoy a pleasant stay on this forum.

It is nice to see other farmers on this forum. We have a family coffee estate in Coorg so know about how difficult agriculture is. Labour is our biggest concern.

Hope you are enjoying your time working.
Closed Thread