Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 30th January 2013, 15:40   #1
BHPian

Default Vanakkam from namma Chennai

Hi Guys,

After having been a silent observer of Team-BHP for over 5yrs now, finally, after trying to register again and again(I've lost count of the times actually. Should be more that 10) in the forum, its time for me to say a big Vanakkam(Greetings) to all.

A brief intro about myself. I am Swami, a 29yr old (yet another)IT professional from Chennai.
Apart from the hunger to know more about both bikes and cars, I like cricket & football. Having started watching cricket for sachin, the interest is slowly diminishing.

Anyways, my current rides are a pre-worshipped 2004 Fiat Palio 1.9D and a Brand new Ford Figo TDCi bought on 3rd Jan 2013.
I had a pre-owned Bolero which I sold in 2010.
I also own a 2005 RE ThunderBird and recently purchased a TVS Flame as an alternate bike from a friend.
I think the Figo has brought me the luck which was missing in my previous attempts to register.

I came across this wonderful forum when googling for car reviews and boy have I been addicted. I am very much indebted to everyone in this forum who have enlightened me about automotive over the years.

This thread would not be complete if I do not thank the mods for approving my entry.

Hoping to catch up with you guys soon with a new thread on my recent purchase and also come up with details of the ones that are there for quite a while.

Cheers
Swami
Old 30th January 2013, 18:49   #2
BHPian

Default Re: Vanakkam from namma Chennai

Welcome aboard TBHP, Swami. Please make it s point to go through the rules so that you enjoy a pleasant stay on this forum.

Guess the figo did bring you luck if you tried registering about 10 times or so.

Anyway, look forward to some interesting posts from you.
Old 30th January 2013, 19:13   #3
BHPian

Welcome Swami to the place which is the second home to most of us. I am from Chennai as well. Live in Vandalur and work at Porur. I too own a Figo.

We'll catch up sometime.

Cheers,

M
Old 30th January 2013, 20:50   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Vanakkam and welcome aboard, Swami !!! Good to see more Chennai-ites on the forum.

You seem to be an all-out diesel-head given your stable of cars (current and ex).
You plan to keep the Palio-D now that a new-gen diesel has come in ?
Old 31st January 2013, 00:03   #5
BHPian

Thanks pganapathy, maxwell arthur & supremebaleno.
Bought the Figo suddenly with a gut feeling without any plans. So did not decide whether to sell the palio.

Though the figo is a very good common sense car, it comes nowhere close to the palio. The fiat steering just talks to me.

So caught up in a dilemma between head & heart.
Old 1st February 2013, 14:19   #6
BHPian

Hi Swami. Seeing a fellow chennai-ite warms me up! Welcome to Team-Bhp!
Nice to see a figo owner here, its a no-nonsense practical city car which caters to all but the most demanding of car drivers . Looking forward to future interactions with you, my friend.
Old 1st February 2013, 16:00   #7
BHPian

Hey Swami,

From one newbie to another, welcome on board

For the no. of times we've tried to get our memberships approved, we should be given an honorary distinguished BHPíans level heh!
Old 3rd February 2013, 10:17   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
Hi Swami. Seeing a fellow chennai-ite warms me up! Welcome to Team-Bhp!
Nice to see a figo owner here, its a no-nonsense practical city car which caters to all but the most demanding of car drivers . Looking forward to future interactions with you, my friend.
Hey Thanks buddy. Yes the Figo ticked the maximum no of boxes in the VFM category with out any real objections from anyone of our family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey645 View Post
Hey Swami,

From one newbie to another, welcome on board

For the no. of times we've tried to get our memberships approved, we should be given an honorary distinguished BHPíans level heh!
But I hope there would be many other Ghajinis, who might have bettered our attempts. he he
By the way I hope you are enjoying your Vento.
swami.n is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2013, 12:11   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami.n View Post

But I hope there would be many other Ghajinis, who might have bettered our attempts. he he
By the way I hope you are enjoying your Vento.
Absolutely thrilled with the Vento, Swami! Thanks! BTW, Congrats on your new Figo and hope it brings you a lot of miles n smiles!
joey645 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread