Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 21st February 2013, 13:40   #1

Default Hello people. My first post

I am print journalist based in Imphal. I lived in Bangalore for some years, where I discovered Team-BHP in 2009. The forum here helped me decide which car to buy and how. That saved me a couple of bucks when it came to choosing accessories. The dealer ended up talking to an automotive encyclopaedia, poor fellow.

I have an i10 and just booked an Alto 800 LXi, delivery due this month-end. There is a skeleton of a 1944 Willys MB left behind by the Allied army in my ancestral house. I drive a lot around Manipur, Nagaland, Assam and Mizoram.

Looking forward to getting tips and tricks from Team-BHPians. And share a few of my own as well.

Last edited by desertfox52001 : 21st February 2013 at 14:03. Reason: Grammar
desertfox52001 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2013, 16:00   #2
BHPian

Thumbs up Re: Hello people. My first post

Welcome to Team-BHP DesertFox! Recent influx of members with a lot of similar sounding names has had me rather confused . Nice to know that Team-BHP helped you in gaining knowledge( it helped me loads, believe me.). Have fun! You'll surely find a great bunch of people here! This, i can assure you .
Arch-Angel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2013, 16:15   #3
BHPian

Default Re: Hello people. My first post

1944 Willys MB. Pictures please. Lots of them!

Welcome to TBHP.
roy_libran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2013, 17:13   #4

ArchAngel, I could not think of anything else for my user ID. I am planning a trip to Jaisalmer March-end (non-car trip sadly. Imphal to Jaisalmer seems impossible to me as of now given the resources), so the desert thing came to mind. But I remember seeing AA in some gaming forums Hi Roy, I will post the pics ASAP. When I was a kid I used to play vroom vroom in the Willys, never knowing their value. I used to think it was some burnt government vehicle. It was only in late teen that I started salvaging it to buy my way into 'elite' vintage forums, high-hanging fruit for me
desertfox52001 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2013, 12:08   #5
BHPian

Thumbs up Re: Hello people. My first post

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertfox52001 View Post
ArchAngel, I could not think of anything else for my user ID. I am planning a trip to Jaisalmer March-end (non-car trip sadly. Imphal to Jaisalmer seems impossible to me as of now given the resources), so the desert thing came to mind. But I remember seeing AA in some gaming forums
Lol. Frankly speaking i ended up with this nick after watching some kung-fu movie where the hero says for every arch nemesis he has, he will be the angel opposing them.(just imagine how fruity that movie was!). Good luck with the trip as well. I often dream of long distance journeys. Not having a car, i shall plan on a long distance journey on foot .
Old 22nd February 2013, 12:29   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertfox52001 View Post
I will post the pics ASAP. When I was a kid I used to play vroom vroom in the Willys, never knowing their value. I used to think it was some burnt government vehicle. It was only in late teen that I started salvaging it to buy my way into 'elite' vintage forums, high-hanging fruit for me
Thanks. Indeed it is a high hanging fruit. We have Gurus here on TBHP who can guide you through the restoration process, and even help you find parts. Just one suggestion please - Restore it back to it's original form. Don't change any mechanicals please.
roy_libran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2013, 14:02   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome to the forum Rommel. I suggest you watch for some time before getting fully active. You will get the hang and flow. All practices are not codified. Some evolve with time. In this period I expect you to have made the mandatory posts to be able to post unmoderated.
sgiitk is online now   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread