Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 17th March 2013, 20:12   #1
BHPian

Default A BHPian at mid-thirties

Hi folks!
I am suddenly feeling young in my mid-thirties thanks to becoming a BHPian! My name is Prabhanjan and for a living I do the job of analyzing data, i.e., I am a Statistician. I have been following team-bhp for over three years and finally I am a member here! For driving, I have an Maruti Alto for my companion with some weird stickers and the team-bhp stickers bring a lot of sanity to the car

To be honest, my first love are bikes and then cars. Among bikes, I had Bajaj Caliber, Bajaj Boxer, TVS Samurai, Bajaj XCD, and currently I drive a used Bajaj Caliber (Hoodibaba version). My favorite is a cruiser though and unfortunately the only option is Bajaj Avenger and I wish more manufacturers come out with cruisers in the less than 1 lakh price bracket.

Also, I do not understand the mechanics behind the working of either car or a bike and I hope to pick a lot from the forums.

Looking forward for revving times ahead!
PNTLovesNano is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2013, 21:14   #2
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: A BHPian at mid-thirties

Welcome to Team-BHP. Hope to see you active in the Motorcycle section.
Old 17th March 2013, 21:16   #3
BHPian

I think you are the one who has got the spyshots of the i10. Welcome home Prabhanjan. I am sure you will really like this forum. Have a nice time with the forum and also please follow the rules of the forum. This will ensure your visits in the forum will be very pleasant.

Cheers,

Achyuth

Note from the Team-BHP Support: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting an entire long message inconveniences our mobile users

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 18th March 2013 at 10:44.
Achyuth Vaibhav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2013, 22:24   #4
BHPian

Welcome aboard TBHP, pntlovesnano. Please make it a point to go through the rules so that you enjoy a pleasant stay on this forum.

Bikes over cars just means you are a different type of petrol head, but a petrol head nonetheless. If you are active on this forum you can learn a lot and quickly, so worry not about your education and knowledge.
Old 17th March 2013, 22:49   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNTLovesNano View Post
Hi folks!
I am suddenly feeling young in my mid-thirties thanks to becoming a BHPian!
Prabhanjan - wishing you many happy days here.
Old 18th March 2013, 09:36   #6
BHPian

Hello Prabhanjan! Age never was,is or will be a criteria for someone's love of vehicles! The heart is forever young! Nice to have a statistician amongst us now and a petrolhead at that! Also, dont worry about the mechanics of cars,bikes etc since it is something you will gain eventually.

Happy motoring!

AA
Old 18th March 2013, 10:18   #7
Team-BHP Support

Welcome to Team BHP, PNT! If it helps, I became a forum member in my mid 30s as well

Look forward to your posts.
Old 18th March 2013, 11:54   #8
Senior - BHPian

Welcome home!!! I am sure you would have some interesting learning out here. I do hope to learn some good stuff from you as well. Cheers!!!
Old 19th March 2013, 00:12   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Welcome to Team-BHP. Hope to see you active in the Motorcycle section.
Thanks for the welcome and I am just wondering if your user-name is generic for all the bike and car lovers! Yes, it is the patience that helps us win our desired bike/car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achyuth Vaibhav View Post
I think you are the one who has got the spyshots of the i10. Welcome home Prabhanjan. I am sure you will really like this forum. Have a nice time with the forum and also please follow the rules of the forum. This will ensure your visits in the forum will be very pleasant.
Thank you Vaibhav. There is a very small story behind it. I am a fan of the legendary singer S.P. Balasubrahmanyam and for the past six years I have always went to the SPB Fans Charitable Trust annual meeting. The venues for the past six times have been Coimbatore, Hyderabad, Chennai, Bangalore, Chennai and Chennai. On the past two occasions I drove Alto to Chennai. Every year there is a photo session with the legendary singer which we cherish for rest of the year. This year the organizers had to cancel the photo session and I was a tad disappointed. However, God decided to give me some moments and I was able to capture two beautiful i10s. Thank you and I will ensure that the rules are duly followed, at team-bhp forums and also on the roads

Quote:
Originally Posted by pganapathy View Post
Welcome aboard TBHP, pntlovesnano. Please make it a point to go through the rules so that you enjoy a pleasant stay on this forum.

Bikes over cars just means you are a different type of petrol head, but a petrol head nonetheless. If you are active on this forum you can learn a lot and quickly, so worry not about your education and knowledge.
I am sure that I will learn a lot and thank you for welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joybhowmik View Post
Prabhanjan - wishing you many happy days here.
Thank you Joy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
Hello Prabhanjan! Age never was,is or will be a criteria for someone's love of vehicles! The heart is forever young! Nice to have a statistician amongst us now and a petrolhead at that! Also, dont worry about the mechanics of cars,bikes etc since it is something you will gain eventually.

Happy motoring!

AA
Thank you Angel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Welcome to Team BHP, PNT! If it helps, I became a forum member in my mid 30s as well
Look forward to your posts.
Yes, I had read many of your posts over the past three years which I was following team-bhp. Thank you for the welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
Welcome home!!! I am sure you would have some interesting learning out here. I do hope to learn some good stuff from you as well. Cheers!!!
Thanks Apache!
PNTLovesNano is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2013, 11:04   #10
Senior - BHPian

You are very young, as when I joined team bhp i was in my mid 30's now I am in early 40's and still I have more bikes than car.
Soon moving to bigger bike segment, every-time I promise myself that this is going to be my last bike but it never turns out to be the reality, hope i'll be able to ride till I am on this earth.
Closed Thread