Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 12th April 2013, 18:50   #1

Thumbs up Hey there!

Hey there everybody...

I've been reading posts on recommendations, advice and travelogues on team-bhp off and on for quite a while and have long since been considering coming aboard. Finally made the move to try and glad I made it.

I've been reading a whole bunch of introductions and boy does this place sound more and more like a boys club. I am glad to have seen the odd girl here and there.

I absolutely live for the thrill of driving. Nothing can beat the sound of a powerful engine, a long drive, and some serious bass ringing in your ears, making the hair at the back of your neck stand straight! Driving aside, I'm a girl who likes her music, enjoys her books and adores films just the same.

Well, looking forward to participating in some meets instead of just reading about them! Also looking forward to interacting with the rest of the BHP team..

Cheers!

Vj
Old 15th April 2013, 14:33   #2
BHPian

Default Re: Hey there!

Hi Vj,

like they say 'Men will be Men' or in this case, as you correctly summed it up to infer, 'Men will be Boys'.

I think that the fact that Team-Bhp feels more like a Boys club, is simply because Men can really be boys here. After growing up and losing touch with our childhood toys, the nearest we come to owning and showing off new toys is when we get to own, play with, look after and discuss our wheels. Women probably have more important things to discuss, I guess!

Its great to see another 'girl' amongst us. We may be able to look forward to posts from a different and maybe enlightening point of view regarding Cars, Travelogues and simple practical things that men tend to miss.

I truly had never looked at Team-Bhp with any thought of gender balance, but now I hope that many more ladies come aboard. The feminine point of view may well be different and more practical.

Welcome aboard.
Tigger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2013, 16:08   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
Hi Vj,

like they say 'Men will be Men' or in this case, as you correctly summed it up to infer, 'Men will be Boys'.

I think that the fact that Team-Bhp feels more like a Boys club, is simply because Men can really be boys here. After growing up and losing touch with our childhood toys, the nearest we come to owning and showing off new toys is when we get to own, play with, look after and discuss our wheels. Women probably have more important things to discuss, I guess!

Its great to see another 'girl' amongst us. We may be able to look forward to posts from a different and maybe enlightening point of view regarding Cars, Travelogues and simple practical things that men tend to miss.

I truly had never looked at Team-Bhp with any thought of gender balance, but now I hope that many more ladies come aboard. The feminine point of view may well be different and more practical.

Welcome aboard.

Hey Tigger,

I think it's rather adorable when men turn into boys over their toys, so, no complaints there.

Thank you for the welcome and looking forward to contributing to discussions wherever I can.

Cheers!
Old 15th April 2013, 17:06   #4
Team-BHP Support

Welcome onboard. Having a girl join us is like a breathe of fresh air and also ups the terrible ratio that we current have between boy vs. girls

Hope you'll bring in your perspective about automobiles to the forum and also contribute to the rest of the forum where topics are plenty to discuss and learn.

Do stop by the rules section before venturing out into the big ocean (of information) out there

Have fun and See you around !!!

Cheers
Mobike008
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2013, 10:01   #5
BHPian

Welcome Vj,

Still driving the endeavour i hope.

Looking forward to more posts from your side.

Vj
Old 16th April 2013, 14:21   #6
Senior - BHPian

Welcome aboard VJ! Hope you have a nice time here..

What are your current rides ? An ownership report from a female perspective would be great, just like have from another female member who owns a Fiesta.
Old 16th April 2013, 15:23   #7
Senior - BHPian

Welcome aboard VJ.

Boys majoring the member list doesnt mean TBHP is Male dominated. Seriously not. We have Female members who make significant contribution to the content of this forum and you would certainly come across their threads and posts. Believe me, my wife (though not a member yet) actively enjoys the lovely travelogues here and as an after effect I end up travelling .

Most important is your interest, not seen much specifics. Though predominantly Automotives, we are really active on Photography, Travel, Gadgets and what not. Have a nice stay here, stick on to the forum rules and deciplince which is actually the pillar of this no nonsense forum.
jacs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2013, 12:24   #8

Smile Re: Hey there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Welcome aboard VJ! Hope you have a nice time here..

What are your current rides ? An ownership report from a female perspective would be great, just like have from another female member who owns a Fiesta.

Hey Sajo,

Thanks for the welcome... I currently own a Ford Endeavour and I absolutely love it.. would be more than happy to share my perspective wherever I can across the board and will try post an ownership report soon.

Cheers!

VJ
Closed Thread