Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 27th April 2013, 20:50   #1
BHPian

Default Reached the destination from where the journey starts!!

Greetings my team mates! Having followed T-BHP for years now, finally my registration has been approved making me a proud member of this distinguished community!

About myself; A software developer by profession, I am an avid fan of anything related to cars and bikes! Since my childhood, driving has been my first love! The first time, I drove a car (in fact, it was my dad's Army jeep), I was a little young to have a valid license - but I can say one thing for sure, I still enjoy driving as much as I did then!

A good habit that I have is that I don't drink alcoholic beverages (not saying that I am against it)! And believe it or not, it is because of my passion for driving! Most of you would agree that when one gets in a college, you tend to drift away and enjoy life by experimenting with new things - alcohol being one of them. I always had a group of friends, who would like to drink - and I never did as I found it more enjoyable to be the DD (designated driver) - so no matter, who's car it is, I always was lucky to be the one who's behind the steering wheel! The same saga continues even today - more than 10 years since then!

What I own - having driven many Marutis we owned- 800(2), Omni - my first car was an Opel Corsa, which I still own and which still is my only car! It is around 9.5 years old now, but still, have an amazing drive! There are a lot of stories with that car, which I am hoping to share with you guys in coming days! Though still very much in love with the car, I am now planning to buy a new one - any guesses? If you noticed my username, you would have probably guessed that I am little too inspired by German engineering - so after reading a lot of reviews, following threads on T-BHP, I have set my eyes on Jetta. Now you would be seeing more of me in threads around Jetta!

I know, being my first post this has gone a little too long. But then, if you ask why; I believe you would agree that people generally tend to talk too much when they are excited and happy! This is the kind of excitement I am feeling, knowing that I am now part of this community. It feels like I have so much to talk about and so much to share, but then, I will stop here; just to give you guys time to know me; and then I'll start again!

Looking forward to a great, long and beautiful drive on this journey on T-BHP!
das_treiber is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th April 2013, 00:36   #2
BHPian

Default Re: Reached the destination from where the journey starts!!

welcome das_treiber, nicely compiled overview.

The jetta is a lovely car and sure to serve you well, am a fan of German engineering too.

Have fun and a great stay,
Parth
Parth46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2013, 14:21   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Welcome Das_treiber!

Quote:
Originally Posted by das_treiber View Post
I have set my eyes on Jetta. Now you would be seeing more of me in threads around Jetta!
Absolutely love the Jetta 2.0 TDI. It's an all-rounder really with drop-dead gorgeous looks, superb engine, balanced ride & handling and improved space. My brother's been driving one since a year and loves it. The efficiency (and resultant practicality) aren't too bad either

Hope to see a detailed ownership report from you soon.

Drive Safe

Last edited by GTO : 29th April 2013 at 14:22.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2013, 15:10   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Greetings my team mates! Having followed T-BHP for years now, finally my registration has been approved making me a proud member of this distinguished community!
Welcome aboard das.

Quote:
A good habit that I have is that I don't drink alcoholic beverages (not saying that I am against it)! And believe it or not, it is because of my passion for driving! Most of you would agree that when one gets in a college, you tend to drift away and enjoy life by experimenting with new things - alcohol being one of them. I always had a group of friends, who would like to drink - and I never did as I found it more enjoyable to be the DD (designated driver) - so no matter, who's car it is, I always was lucky to be the one who's behind the steering wheel! The same saga continues even today - more than 10 years since then!
Good. TBHP doesnt tolerate "Drink & Drive" and you are covered safe. Believe me "Designated Driver" role makes us drive some fantastic cars even when we do not own them and I did enjoy the same during my bachelor days .

Quote:
I know, being my first post this has gone a little too long. But then, if you ask why; I believe you would agree that people generally tend to talk too much when they are excited and happy! This is the kind of excitement I am feeling, knowing that I am now part of this community. It feels like I have so much to talk about and so much to share, but then, I will stop here; just to give you guys time to know me; and then I'll start again!

Looking forward to a great, long and beautiful drive on this journey on T-BHP!
Come on, TBHP encourages detailed posts and excessive one liners attracts moderator attention! Enjoy your stay here.
jacs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2013, 16:24   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Believe me "Designated Driver" role makes us drive some fantastic cars even when we do not own them and I did enjoy the same during my bachelor days .
Thanks jacs! Couldn't agree more with what you have said! Have been fortunate to have driven Mustang GT, Dodge Challenger, GMC Acadia and likes of that in the US, just because of this reason!
Old 29th April 2013, 16:28   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Hope to see a detailed ownership report from you soon.
Thank you GTO! It might take me a while to get the review out as I might be getting the car no sooner than 3-4 months! But for sure! I would be posting a detailed report!
Closed Thread