Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 16th May 2013, 11:04   #1
BHPian

Talking Finally, I'm an "Approved" petrol head

Hi All,

Finally, finally, finally I got the much awaited "Team-BHP Membership APPROVED!" email today. I was in the middle of some meeting when I glanced at my Blackberry and saw the email. My mind was probably too slow at that time to process this information. After the meeting, I had this feeling inside that something exciting happened, but I could not remember what. It suddenly dawned on me that I can finally see my own post in this forum (a drop in the sea of Team-BHP).

In order to better explain this feeling, a 'short' flash back might be necessary. I am a Fashion designer / merchandiser who is mad about cars. My girlfriend often tells me that I should probably marry my car because of the time and attention I give to it. I first got to know about Team-BHP in 2011 through Google and have been stuck to it since. I am the kind of guy who is always researching about cars, looking for cars and grabbing every good opportunity of owning one that comes along. My list of cars have been Matiz -> Santro -> Accent -> Civic -> Polo. Team-BHP is the sole reason I have gone ahead with the Civic two years ago and I am very happy about the decision I have made. I have extensively followed the main threads on Civic, reading each and every post in the long discussions taking place and always hoped to be able to ask a question of my own. Same is with the Polo as well. Now, I finally can ask the questions that I have in these forums. Now, I can finally tell people that Yes, I AM a member of Team-BHP.

I have already had various discussions with a few tbhp-ians that I have met, be it at ICE installs, 3M Car care or at the trusted mechanics. But all this while, I was only a 'follower' of TBHP and not a 'member'. I can change that now and tell people what my handle is. I can now finally identify myself when I spot a LTD sticker on any vehicle (few in my office parking itself).

My favorite car currently is the Evoque (I'm sure my handle is a dead give-away of this fact). Although, I love my Civic to the core. I was just about to give away the Civic in exchange for an XUV but the new thread about Civic from none other than GTO himself, made me fall in love with the Civic all over again.

My interests outside cars are music and gadgets. I love Club and House music and enjoy them to the core. My girl friend says that I am myself only when I am listening to good music in my car. Take even one of them away and it feels like something is missing in me.

All in all, I am really happy to be a 'member' of Team-BHP and look forward to getting to know all of you better.

Last edited by Rehaan : 16th May 2013 at 17:15. Reason: Adding line breaks after paragraphs :)
evoque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2013, 12:44   #2
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Finally, I'm an "Approved" petrol head

Welcome onboard, Evoque!
Youll have a lot of fun spotting people in Bangalore, so youre lucky that way.
" My girlfriend often tells me that I should probably marry my car because of the time and attention I give to it."

Everybody here will relate to this!!
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2013, 13:07   #3
BHPian

Thank you mayankk, for welcoming me and also for giving my first reply on Team-BHP.
I do spot a lot of people every day. Now I hope to start interacting with them.

About the quote, I am sure this is the only place in the world where I can say something like that and see nodding heads in agreement. Anywhere else, I would probably be laughed at ;-)
Old 16th May 2013, 20:16   #4
BHPian

A big 'welcome' from someone who also got his membership approved today!

I can relate to the sense of elation very well. Heck, I love the Evoque too. What an awesome street presence it has got! Am not too much of an SUV person, but the Evoque does make me stand and gawk at it whenever it passes through :-)

Welcome aboard, once again and 'see you'!
Top-Gear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2013, 21:10   #5
BHPian

Thank you so much Top-Gear and a big welcome to you too.

About The Evoque, I completely agree with you. Trust me, it was really love at first sight for me. It was the first car that I ever chased for 15 minutes (hoping to get a better glance) after spotting it from one almost half a kilometer away. Such is its road presence. Every time I see an Evoque, my heart just skips a beat (See, love at first sight indeed). I LOVE the car in White and Coloma Lime.

Remember, we are Team-BHP territory now. Evoque is a cross-over and we cannot refer to it as an SUV any more Haha. Welcome once again and see you around in the ocean of threads soon.
Old 18th May 2013, 08:59   #6
BHPian

hey evoque congrats for being approved,i too was approved only on may12th.it was my marriage anniversary,so thanks to teambhp to make this memorable present.
Closed Thread