Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 6th July 2013, 22:07   #1
BHPian

Smile Intro & a BIG Hello to everyone !!

The Team-BHP member-ship has been on my wishlist for a long time and finally I got time to sit down and come up with a writeup for getting a membership while my family was away on vacation. I was second time lucky . I am envious of the people who could get a membership by just signing up with basic details.

More than me, now my 4 year old son looks forward everyday to see what is new in the dashboard and asks me which new car review has been added. He loves to browse through and drools over the photos of exteriors and interiors making it tough for me to get a hold of the laptop.
Though as a non member, Team-BHP visit used to be in my daily to do list. I started using the community after finding from Google search, when I started my search for a car and wanted unbiased reviews and just simply loved the ownership reviews and new car launch reports.With the membership it is even more stronger bond and feels like family when I hear or see the user names, only grouse being that I have not met anyone in person.
Coming to my own intro, I belong to Kerala and am currently from Bangalore and a spec in the IT crowd, just like the many bangaloreans. The moment I say Bangalore and it is taken for granted that I too work for one of the IT companies and for most part it is true. I am passionate about owning and driving anything than runs on four wheels. Other than being an auto buff, I am a foodie and love lazing around enjoying life as it comes. I own a Optra Magnum at Bangalore and a jelly bean Maruti Zen at Kerala. I also had Maruti Alto for around 5 years, after which I sold it off with a heavy heart in 2011. The Alto was the first car which I bought with my own savings and it was indeed an emotional moment for me say goodbye, but I made sure it reached good hands.

It feels great to be part of this wonderful and active community and hope to start contributing soon, since I have taken enough from Team-BHP(even before becoming a member) and feels that it is now time for "give-back". Also i feel the support group is doing a great job of reading through all the posts and moderating it, I really go mad thinking how could this be done manually.
Mods FYI, I sorely miss the erstwhile option here, of selecting the Manufacturer and Car model and then getting to read the concise "what you will like" and "will not". Am I doing something wrong ??

Thank you and a big hello to everyone out there !!!

Best Regards
shinuak
shinuak is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th July 2013, 19:33   #2
BHPian

Default Re: Intro & a BIG Hello to everyone !!

Hello and welcome to Team-BHP shinuak! Wish you a pleasant stay here and hope that you contribute to the quality of the forum by good content posts! Do go through announcements section once before proceeding any further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinuak View Post
I sorely miss the erstwhile option here, of selecting the Manufacturer and Car model and then getting to read the concise "what you will like" and "will not". Am I doing something wrong ??
As far as I know, there wasn't such an option on the older version but there is such an option on the newer updated version of Team-BHP. It is right there on the homepage of Team-BHP. For any further doubts, do contact the Support Team. They're very helpful and would help you clear your doubts!

Here is an intro to the all-new look of Team-BHP. Hope this helps you!

Keep revvin' shinuak
S@ndy
S@ndy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2013, 20:46   #3
BHPian

I also had Maruti Alto for around 5 years, after which I sold it off with a heavy heart in 2011. The Alto was the first car which I bought with my own savings and it was indeed an emotional moment for me say goodbye, but I made sure it reached good hands.

Hello there shinuak.
Your introduction was so passionate, it shows how deep you loved your first car.
Welcome to the forum
Ddrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2013, 01:43   #4
Senior - BHPian

Well, congrats on the membership and Welcome to the team!

Read the rules, abide by them and Keep Revin'!!
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2013, 01:33   #5
Team-BHP Support

Hey shinuak, welcome aboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinuak View Post
Mods FYI, I sorely miss the erstwhile option here, of selecting the Manufacturer and Car model and then getting to read the concise "what you will like" and "will not".
Sorry but that section has been discontinued (though still accessible with the link). We hope to replace it with something similar in the semi-distant future.

Cheers,
R
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2013, 08:53   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Hey shinuak, welcome aboard!

Sorry but that section has been discontinued (though still accessible with the link). We hope to replace it with something similar in the semi-distant future.

Cheers,
R
Thanks Rehaan, for the link !.
Please do consider bringing this section back .
It is like having a pocket encyclopedia on all cars on our roads for quick reference.I have felt the contents are so crisp and clear eliminating even the need for a real test drive as it compiles almost everything possible and picks up the main points from ownership reviews. Do i need to submit this as a suggestion in the "contact us" form ?
shinuak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2013, 12:12   #7
Team-BHP Support

Hi shinuak,

We have it on our long-term list. No need to submit a suggestion via the contact us.

Thanks,
R
Closed Thread