Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 14th September 2013, 19:34   #1

Talking My Virtual Home

Hello!!
Mods and Gentle Bhpians!!

I'm Lohith from Bangalore, I have recently completed my MBA and am working.
First up, I'd like to thank the mods for accepting my membership request, after repeated failed attempts, Finally, I'm here, The old adage, try and try till you succeed actually works!

I have been visiting Team-BHP for more than 3 years now, and every visit I have something to learn. I'm very happy to be a part of a very distinguished and unique community where members are very knowledgeable and well versed with automobiles . I'm looking forward to learning a lot more and also sharing whatever little I know.

And now to the cars I own, apparently, I don't own any cars, my Father does, we own a i10 and Accent. We're planning an upgrade by trading in the Accent.

I'm very glad to be a part of Team-BHP and looking forward to Learning from all of you!

Well that's all for now. Ciao!!
Losa is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th September 2013, 22:50   #2
BHPian

Default Re: My Virtual Home

Welcome to the family. I can totally understand the happiness of being accepted here.
So seeing your family's love for Hyundai will they be replacing the accent with a verna/elantra/i20?
asit.kulkarni93 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2013, 09:58   #3
BHPian

Welcome aboard Lohith, nice to see another Hyundai family joining the community.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losa View Post
First up, I'd like to thank the mods for accepting my membership request, after repeated failed attempts, Finally, I'm here, The old adage, try and try till you succeed actually works!
I too was in the same boat with multiple rejections, never really believed in the adage, but yeah it turned out to be true in case of Team-Bhp. On a lighter note breaking this dead lock gives me the confidence to crack the GMAT as well, where i have been struggling with sub par scores.
Old 16th September 2013, 18:47   #4

Thank you asit.kulkarni93, somitra1981

Yes, A membership approval in this community occupies a very special place in my heart.
Well, apparently we did not categorically wanted to stick with Hyundai, just turned out that way. Judging by my experience, Hyundai cars are good in many departments, but far poorly w.r.t to Handling and Dynamics. I don't exactly know how the Elantra, Verna or even the i20 fares on this front.

Somitra1981 - Good luck with your GMAT.
Old 17th September 2013, 08:55   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome to TBPH.
I will mark this to a friend a friend who got dis-heartened by rejection. Try and try till you succeed !
Old 17th September 2013, 09:07   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Well, apparently we did not categorically wanted to stick with Hyundai, just turned out that way. Judging by my experience, Hyundai cars are good in many departments, but far poorly w.r.t to Handling and Dynamics. I don't exactly know how the Elantra, Verna or even the i20 fares on this front.
Same here pal, back in 2011, i also wanted to get a Punto 90 HP, but then there were many other factors which had to be considered. Thus i ended up with Hyundai.

Off course all the vehicles have there positives and negatives, so it's individuals choice where he or she wants to compromise. I have kind of settled down with the handling part, i do push the i20 around on open streches but yeah i'll not call my self a speed buff, so i am kind off okay with the shortcoming.

In my opinion(i may be wrong), most of the members on the forum have ended up with an Hyundai as a second(safer) choice, also i see very few recommendations for Hyundai vehicles(vis a vis others). But yeah Hyundai does not disappoint you even if you end up with it(as a second choice). That's the best part.

Quote:
Somitra1981 - Good luck with your GMAT.
Thanks buddy, i need it big time.
Old 17th September 2013, 11:49   #7

Mod team note: Fixing Quotes, please use Preview before Posting. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by somitra1981 View Post
Same here pal, back in 2011, i also wanted to get a Punto 90 HP, but then there were many other factors which had to be considered. Thus i ended up with Hyundai.
Yes, same case here. Of course as you mentioned it's very difficult to find "The perfect car". I like to push the car if the conditions are favorable, and when I do it with Hyundai's its always with some amount of uncertainty, But, I still do it.

Hope Hyundai engineers work on the dynamics. With the current Fluidic philosophy, good dynamics can work wonders for them.

You will crack it - Somitra1981

Thank You Sudev. hehe.. I hope my post encourages him to try and he gets in.

Last edited by Jaggu : 17th September 2013 at 12:00.
Closed Thread