Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 17th September 2013, 18:36   #1
BHPian

Default Hello folks

A long time member since 2008, I recently moved back to India and have actively started browsing the forum threads now. Back in 2008, I had almost decided to move back and hence joined this forum. But somehow stayed back in US for another 5 years. I finally came back to India last year, did my MBA, and just got a job a few months back.

So just wanted to say Hello! and provide a few updates on the status on my hunt for a perfect sport(y) car.

I booked a VW Polo GT TDI in Mumbai (Tornado Motors Andheri) last Tuesday (10th Sept) taking a cue from the GT TDI thread. I was the third person to book the GT TDI model with that showroom even though the particular model hadn't been announced then. Just shows that a lot of people keep themselves updated visiting this awesome forum. Anyway, the showroom had received three GT TDI models then and two people in front of me had booked the two white models they received. So I was left with the third and only car black in color. PERFECT because this is exactly the color I wanted. So long story short, the finances have been arranged and I am getting the car delivered this Saturday.

Why did I pick this car? Well, if you look at my signature, I have had the luxury of owning a few sport cars in US. All I wanted in India was a small car (less weight and convenient to drive in the city) with more power and torque. GT TDI fit the bill perfectly. Although going down in power from 200+ PS in US to 105 PS in India is a let down, I think that the higher torque from the GT TDI 250 N-m as opposed to 235 N-m in TT and 216 N-m in RX8 will likely more than make up for the loss in power. Moreover, higher power is most desired at higher speeds that we in India are not likely to experience often. So I think the GT TDI should be a good start in India.

I have experienced driving both a turbocharged Petrol car (Audi TT) and a high revving (9000 RPM!!!) engine car (Mazda RX8). So I perfectly what are the trade-offs of both the types of cars. What I haven't experienced so far is driving a turbo charged diesel, and I hope GT TDI won't disappoint.

So that's it for now. I hope to contribute to this forum much more from now on. I leave you with a little something from my past - a look at my cars in US. Enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails
Hello folks-mett11.jpg  

Hello folks-merx81.jpg  

Attached Images

Immix is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2013, 19:54   #2
BHPian

Default Re: Hello folks

Welcome back to India and Team-BHP

Congrats! for booking VW Polo GT TDI. In black color this going to be a great car on the road.

Will look forward for your Ownership review for Polo GT TDI.

Wishing you thousands of happy miles in coming time.

Enjoy your stay here.

-
SS
Old 18th September 2013, 14:49   #3
BHPian

Default Re: Hello folks

Thanks Saurabh. I am surely going to pen down my experiences with the GT TDI.
Closed Thread