Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 1st October 2013, 16:17   #1

Default Finally moved into driver seat!

Thank you team-bhp, and a big "Hi" to all of you.

Like many newbies in this forum, I'd also been an avid reader of this portal since years but never got the 'guts' to be a member. No, it was not laziness or lack of time.

Finally decided to be a member of this respected and highly informative club with people full of passion for their wheels. Feeling I get is, like moving from passenger or a crowded back seat to driver seat.

Well, I got my Driving License couple of months after I turned 18, way back in 1986 (to think of it, my son is going to be 18 next week!). So please do your math to get my age

But even couple of years before getting DL, I'd been driving my father's good old Petrol Ambassador which he had got it new in 1973 (later changed its heart to a Diesel- Autoland engine in 1986). It was handed over to me when I landed in my first job in 1990. Pity its been sold when I picked up my first company leased car , a red Indica DLS in 1999. Could not maintain both, but realized my folly some time later (of selling the Amby!). My real name (my user name itself minus the 'i') also has to do something with Amby -maybe those interested, could Google for meaning of my Arabic name, and you'll get what I mean.

After Indica, I picked up just four cars from showroom, and rest all have been lateral 'up'grades or 'horizontal' grades. I have been conservative, and always 'played safe' as my friends keep teasing (upto 8-ish Lacs range whether new or lateral) and the following has been my drives till date in order of owning.
  1. HM Ambassador
  2. Tata Indica DLS
  3. Ford Ikon 1.6
  4. Toyota Innova 2.5D G1 (Single AC/ No power windows)
  5. New Honda City 1.5 GXi
  6. Skoda Octavia 1.9 TDI Ambient
  7. Toyota Innova 2.5D G4
  8. Hyundai i10 Sportz AT (for my wifey)
  9. Honda Civic S AT
  10. Skoda Laura 1.9 PDI, LnK, DSG (most recent acquisition, thanks to t-bhp classified -yes the posting is still there!)
Two wheels:
  1. Hero Honda Sleek
  2. Kinetic Honda
  3. RE Standard
  4. RE Electra

Except i10, Laura & RE Electra, rest all have been SOLD.

As I said earlier, I've not ventured beyond 8-ish Lacs for my wheels, so you can guess which of the above are new and laterals (some by engine spec itself you can make out!). I'm coming to enjoy my thread, giving loads of homework for my readers. Please don't kick me out

Whenever I pick up a vehicle, I always say to myself, "this one I'm to keep for years and maybe cross 1Lac Kms", but not many of the above have crossed 2-3 years or 30K Kms (except Josh machine which I used for 5 years, clocked approx. 75K Kms before selling).

I do love long drives, especially during early morning and late nights. I have been working in Garden City and only used to make 3 to 4 times annual family trips to our native (apart from bachelor trips to native/other towns), and majority has been city/ring road drives (not fun).

Though been associated with cars for long, I'm still a newbie when it comes to technical side of the automobiles.

Phew, that's about me friends (name, age, gender, location, cars -everything is there in this content!), and guess have bored you enough with my lengthy introduction.

Thank you once again for allowing me, to be part of this community. And specially for the tonnes of information from this portal, which I had used for the new/lateral upgrades including RE Electra buy.

Hopefully plan to start my initial ownership thread on my latest ride -Laura LnK 1.9 PDI DSG.
safeeri is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th October 2013, 14:06   #2
BHPian

Default Re: Finally moved into driver seat!

Welcome Saar!! to the TBHP family.
hemanth.das is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2013, 15:53   #3

Default Re: Finally moved into driver seat!

Thank you very much Hemanth.

As a long time bhp-ian yourself, you were an inspiration too for me to part of the family. Though I had landed on this site by chance, during a review search quite some years back.
Closed Thread