Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 2nd October 2013, 00:16   #1

Default Hello Team-BHPians, from Bengaluru

Hello to all the forum mates!

After years and years or lurking, and a couple of unsuccessful attempts, finally I have become a member of Team-BHP.

How did I hear about Team-BHP? If one is a bit of a travel/bike/car aficionado, it is impossible not to come across this site.
The forums and topics here have helped me quite a bit in the lst 4-5 years in researching my vehicle buys and travel to other places. Amazed by the quality and quantity of informtion provided here. I intend to provide my 2 paise to some of the converstions here.

Something about me? I stay in Nagarbhavi in Bengaluru and travel about 80km daily to and from work. Sometimes by cab, sometimes by car and most times by bike.
I'm native of Manglore and drive there almost once a month, so the 'Art of travelling between Banglore and Mangalore' is one of my favorite and oft-visited thread!

What I do? I'm a manager in one of the IT companies in namma Bengaluru.

What I love? Quizzing, travelling, photography, cricket, poring over maps.
My wheels? Honda City ZX 2006 (current); Bullet Standard 350 2013 (current); Pulsar 150 DTSi 2006 (current); Yamaha Enticer 2004 (sold); Bajaj KB 125 1997 (sold);

See you around!
Pakman is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2013, 08:13   #2
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Hello Team-BHPians, from Bengaluru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakman View Post
poring over maps.
Trust me, once you open Google maps, you dont know where did that thing called "time" go? There is no joy like opening maps and finding unexplored roads.

Well... There is one. Actually driving on that road!
Old 3rd October 2013, 12:13   #3
BHPian

Welcome to the forum from another Bengalurean . Nice intro , but why the name "PAK-MAN" ?
Old 3rd October 2013, 12:49   #4

Welcome aboard T-BHP, Pakman!

Since you are a native of Mangalore, would require your inputs on places of interest (read coastal karnataka) when I would be making my trip by this year end.

Cheers!
Old 4th October 2013, 00:02   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Trust me, once you open Google maps, you dont know where did that thing called "time" go? There is no joy like opening maps and finding unexplored roads.

Well... There is one. Actually driving on that road!
Wow! Great to know you also share the same interest, Ampere! The first that I've come across. Most of my friends and family cannot understand what can possibly be interesting in exploring maps. We know! The first thing I do when I reach a new place is to buy a map of that place. And before the advent of smartphones, I used to keep a hard copy of the Eicher Bangalore maps to travel around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
Welcome to the forum from another Bengalurean . Nice intro , but why the name "PAK-MAN" ?
Thanks girimajiananth. Here's the story behind the name. My initials are 'PK' and long back, our friendly and creative office sysadmin created my home directory as Pakman, which is a corruption of PKman. And since Pacman is one of my favorite games, I fell for it and use it as my moniker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoAficionado View Post
Welcome aboard T-BHP, Pakman!

Since you are a native of Mangalore, would require your inputs on places of interest (read coastal karnataka) when I would be making my trip by this year end.

Cheers!
Great to know that, AutoAficionado. will surely provide you some inputs so that you enjoy your trip there.
Old 4th October 2013, 09:33   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakman View Post
Wow! Great to know you also share the same interest, Ampere! The first that I've come across. Most of my friends and family cannot understand what can possibly be interesting in exploring maps. We know! The first thing I do when I reach a new place is to buy a map of that place. And before the advent of smartphones, I used to keep a hard copy of the Eicher Bangalore maps to travel around!
Ha ! Eicher Maps. I had quite many of them (multiple cities/states). Those were a different times (or a different Era). Now the word is Google!
Closed Thread