Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 12th October 2013, 13:06   #1
BHPian

Default My Journey To Driving Seat

Hey fellow BHP-ians

I’m Vineet Soni; 28 years of age, I have lived in New Delhi throughout my life other then two and a half years in USA for my masters. Today I and my wife run our private dental practice in New Delhi. Apart from sharing same profession we both share the same adventurous streak. Together we like to explore new territories and cultures and in this pursuit we have been on quite a few road trips. Up next is a desire to explore much anticipated leh.

Dadu, mai aur fiat
My Journey To Driving Seat-dsc_00211.jpg

As long as I can remember I have been passionate about cars. One of my early childhood memories is sitting on my grandfather’s lap and pretending to drive his Italian Fiat. As a kid, our family use to visit our ashram in Madhya Pradesh, Pune and some other places from Delhi on road trips. Since then I always envisioned driving my family to all these places. The passion of driving grew within me.

When I was in 11th standard my mother used to drive me around to school and coaching institutes, spending time with her and watching her drive became basis of my driving education. Around the same time my dad bought a Toyota Qualis for family road trips, not surprisingly I was itching to get my hands behind the wheels. One day when I grabbed my chance. I took the Car keys and turned on the ignition, that first roar of engine hooked me up for life! Ironically though I heard a sound from somewhere behind. Mortified I stepped out of car and saw a busted tail light; scared I left the crime scene as silently as I could. Next morning, lead to a horrifying car ride with my dad to school. Right before we reached, my dad told our driver to start teaching me driving. As for me he said the words every boy wishes to hear “do not tell your mother what you did last afternoon”. That day onwards I started driving on daily basis.

Couple of months later I was waiting for the driver. Since my midterm exams were going on I was a little agitated and decided to drive the car out of garage. It was a tricky curve, the exit gate was on the left side wall while in reverse in a Qualis, and I did that with ease. My father saw everything and asked me to drive to school with him; maybe he was checking my driving skills or my confidence. I must have passed his test with flying colors as right after the board exams he presented me my first ever road trip to ashram where finally I was in the driving seat! And I am glad I haven’t looked back.

Hoping to share my experiences and learning from yours

My Journey To Driving Seat-20131008_162813-1.jpg.
VineetSoni is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2013, 14:18   #2
BHPian

Default Re: My Journey To Driving Seat

Welcome onboard VineetSoni

Looking forward to seeing you active and contributing to the great cause of this forum
keep revving
And drive safe
Old 16th October 2013, 16:09   #3
BHPian

hey vineet welcome onboard and enjoy your stay. would await your travelogue on Leh!
Old 17th October 2013, 09:50   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa Romeo View Post
hey vineet welcome onboard and enjoy your stay. would await your travelogue on Leh!
Thank you alfa romeo

Next travelogue will be from chail and manali. Last months trip.

Leh is a trip in future after I buy a new car for myself.

Vineet
Closed Thread