Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 30th November 2013, 22:22   #1
BHPian

Smile Hi BHPians, from a petrol-head Doctor

Hello to all.
I am privileged to be a part of the group of like minded enthusiasts.
Just to give a bit of background - I am 36, a doctor - an Orthopaedic surgeon to be exact. I did my schooling in Mumbai and then Chennai and did my medicine from Chennai. I have been in the UK for the last 13 years, working as a consultant Orthopod currently and now returning home to be closer to family and set up practice in India.

I have been a bit of a petrol-head from the time I can remember. I like the way different moving and working parts come together to produce a fantastic product. I suppose this applies to my line of work as well.

With regards my rides, I started out with a 35cc TVS 2 wheeler in school, moved to Hero Honda Splendor and then to a Maruti 800 in College.

My first car in the UK was a Toyota Corolla and since then I have owned a Honda CRV, a Toyota Avensis, a BMW 318Ci Convertible at different times and now an Audi A6 2.0TDI S-line.

I have booked a Mahindra XUV500 and hope to take delivery when I am back in India in another three weeks and I am also planning on getting a good powerful bike - choice between the RE Thunderbird 500 and the KTM Duke 390.
I love cooking, painting, keeping fit -gym-ing and traveling. I am married to a dentist and have a 6 year old daughter with a baby in the oven, due in January.

I would like to get useful info, advice and generally discuss and take part in motoring related stuff and provide my two pence worth of experience, if asked for.I think a forum like this is a fantastic platform to do that.
Hope to take part in lots of discussions, if time permits.

Cheerio
alphadog is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 30th November 2013, 23:22   #2
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Hi BHPians, from a petrol-head Doctor

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on booking the XUV500 minor niggles aside, an SUV doesn't get quite better in that range
Do share a few more details of the car when it arrives (variant, colour etc) and maybe even an ownership thread.

You seem to be a man of many interests and while the forum will do its best, I'm sure you will add a few interesting posts in the future.

Cheers!
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2013, 23:53   #3
BHPian

Welcome Doc !

Interesting to see so many doctors on the forum. Maybe you'd like to contribute to the advice thread.

XUV indeed is a VFM proposition and so is the Duke. At the same price-point though, have you considered the CBR 250R for its touring abilities ?

Cheers !
Ironhide is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2013, 00:02   #4
BHPian

Hello Doc, Welcome!!

What a varied interest you have. Envy you! Seriously, I sometimes feel I should grow interest in certain things - and now, you are rekindling my thoughts.

BTW, your advice would be utmost useful to the members in the virtual consultation section - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ultations.html

Cheers!
callvvijay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2013, 01:14   #5
BHPian

Thank you Guyz!

I look forward to contribute as much as I can.
I am more than happy to provide general advice on the free consult forum.
I will post my ownership thread of my XUV500 in the near future.

Cheerio
alphadog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2013, 17:30   #6
BHPian

Default Re: Hi BHPians, from a petrol-head Doctor

Hello Alphadog. Welcome to T-BHP, Doc!
Congrats on booking the XUV. I have also acquired one (used) XUV W6 recently and I am yet to explore the car thoroughly. The car is a hoot to drive and you have invested your money in the right motor, trust me! What colour is yours BTW?

Hope you have a pleasant stay.
Loud is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2013, 18:54   #7
BHPian

hi from one bone head to another
i am amarnath surath from guntur , AP. I own a mahindra thar and a yeti ( daily ride). Love to off road, mix cocktails and cook, usually dont mix one and two !!!
Welcome to the group its a grt place to be in.
My first love,
Attached Thumbnails
Hi BHPians, from a petrol-head Doctor-off-roading-016.jpg  

Hi BHPians, from a petrol-head Doctor-off-roading-018.jpg  

maverick56 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2013, 03:50   #8
BHPian

Thank you Loud - I have booked a Moon-dust Silver and Dr Surath, your ride looks amazing, especially so, in its environs. I am secretly nursing a desire to own and saving up for a Thar, (better make sure my better half does not read this!) ;-)
alphadog is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2013, 18:40   #9
BHPian

hi Alpha
i love Gods Own Country and you guys have the best off roading terrain. A Thar is a great investment, better than any phoren SUV. You wont throw around a 25-30L
suv into the ditches
regards
amar

Last edited by maverick56 : 3rd December 2013 at 18:44. Reason: slang
Old 4th December 2013, 13:44   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphadog View Post
Hello to all.
I am privileged to be a part of the group of like minded enthusiasts.
Just to give a bit of background - I am 36, a doctor - an Orthopaedic surgeon to be exact. I did my schooling in Mumbai and then Chennai and did my medicine from Chennai. I have been in the UK for the last 13 years, working as a consultant Orthopod currently and now returning home to be closer to family and set up practice in India.
Hi doc welcome back to Kerala ! nice to have you onboard. Where are you located at Thrissur ?

There is also a thread for tbhp meets in Thrissur which is not active for a pretty long time.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...-thrissur.html (Team-BHP meets at Thrissur)

Last edited by mobike008 : 4th December 2013 at 17:13. Reason: Please dont copy a large post for a short reply
foby.sebastian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2013, 16:28   #11
BHPian

Hi Foby

Thanks for the welcome message.
I am at the minute in the UK, will be getting back in 2 weeks to Thrissur (parents house). They are based at West Fort, Calvary Road.
While I am there, I will be running between Thrissur, Kozhikode(wife-house) and Kochi, where I plan to settle in a few months.
It is nice to hear from you and we should definitely try and organise a meet in the near future.

Cheerio

VK
alphadog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2013, 22:50   #12

Welcome doc! (In bugs bunny voice)

As newcomer I would like to extend my warm welcome to you and double? triple? Lots and lots of congratulations to you.

May you be gifted with a beautiful child whose smile will fill both doctors' heart! *wink*

Xuv500 is an awesome great ride, don't know about other rides you mentioned though. Congratz on that as well. Welcome to cochin brother. We should meet up sometime.

Keep in touch,
Good luck!

Nik.
NikzBoz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2013, 12:58   #13

Hey there alphadog, has your XUV500 arrived yet. Looking forward to your review.
calypsoGT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2013, 10:27   #14

I received my Polo Gt yesterday. Since i accepted it at 6 50 PM i was not able to get any good clicks. Will soon upload some interesting ones as soon as i receive my TBHP stickers
Old 29th December 2013, 08:00   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by calypsoGT View Post
Hey there alphadog, has your XUV500 arrived yet. Looking forward to your review.
Hi CalypsoGT. My Silver XUV has arrived in the showroom and I have done the PDI and taken it for a first spin and it rides good. It will go for registration early next week and I will then put up the pictures and early experiences soon after.
Have fun with your new ride.
Cheers

VK
Closed Thread