Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 13th December 2013, 12:54   #1

Default I am here and I have no pants!

Hello everyone!

Thank you for letting me be a part of this great community! Like a few other introductions here, I have been a passive reader of these forums for a year or more but never got around to registering.

I'm pretty much a car newbie but I plan to teach myself the ways of the machine. My current ride is a 2001 Lancer GLXi which is in a somewhat bad shape and I've been considering upgrading in the next few months. Before the Lancer, my first vehicle was a Zen on which I learned how to drive.

So that's a little about me!
ForgotPants is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2013, 13:06   #2
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: I am here and I have no pants!

Welcome to the forum!

You sure do have a good history with your rides though; A Zen and then the famed Lancer. Do let us know your budget and requirements and we will guide you to your next buy

Ciao!
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2013, 13:10   #3
Team-BHP Support

I was expecting something exciting with that title and hopefully not too exciting to breach the forum rules though!

Welcome aboard!
ajmat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th December 2013, 13:41   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

@ForgotPants, welcome !
but then shouldnt your id have been NoPants ?
Old 13th December 2013, 14:45   #5
BHPian

Welcome aboard!

Your handle and title pulled me in for an interesting read and made me think that someone with a good sense of humour is here. after reading the intro, I must admit, am a bit disappointed. But that's too soon to judge anyone.

Lets see what this one can do!

Cheers
stormerider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2013, 15:19   #6

Hahaha, thanks for the welcome guys! It was a planned decision to keep a catchy title and normal introduction, I'm showing you guys I can be fun and serious at the same time :P

I was lucky to get the Zen which wasn't too old from one of my bosses for a throwaway price. Man that car was fantastic. I drove it for two and half years and I never had a puncture. The front tyre did break off once though while pulling out of the parking lot :P

I bought the Lancer from a dealer in Gurgaon and I made a bunch of rookie mistakes. It was my first time buying a car and I behaved like a complete idiot while doing it. It's been with me for about 3 years now and while I'm happy with it, I can't see myself spending a huge chunk to make it great again.

For my next buy I am considering a used Civic no more than 4 years old. Hopefully I will make informed decisions this time around :P
ForgotPants is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2013, 16:37   #7
BHPian

Hello & Welcome to the Forum,

For a Lancer fan the next obvious choice is the Civic. 2 of my friends have upgraded to the civic from the lancer and one of them has retained the lancer too . I personally feel the automatic civic is much better than the manual one.

All the Best
Old 3rd January 2014, 22:44   #8
BHPian

Welcome bro. You do have a catchy title! Co-incidentally I got my first & current car, a Zen - from my boss at a throw-away price. Though it was 13 years old, was assured of no major niggles.
gearedup is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread