Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 24th December 2013, 22:14   #1
BHPian

Default A pebble among boulders

What is team-bhp to me?

Well, it certainly did change the way I think(a lot).I can safely assume that the inquisitiveness in me knows no bounds. I do realize that there is another thread that discusses the "values" of team-bhp so let me refrain from sentimentalizing my thoughts.

Anyhoo,

Hello everybody

My name is Zohaib and just like everyone else, I'm a hardcore car and bike enthusiast(believe me, hardcore is just an understatement) but here's the catch, I'm not permitted by law to drive a car...Yet!

I'm 17 and it greatly enthralls me to be a part of this community. I've been a silent lurker since quite some time now, and when i finally did decide to become a member, it took me by storm that my membership got accepted at my first try. If there's an award for "Scrutinizing" this forum in the shortest possible time ever! then i believe that, that award goes to me.

I have, assiduously read and enjoyed threads ranging from Dkaile's Harley 883 initial ownership review to our moderator, mobike008's annihilating Cruze review. Oh, and how i enjoyed and still enjoy reading Mr Sam Kapasi's posts!, a thorough gentleman indeed.

The rides(since the time i was born):
  • Maruti 800
  • Maruti Esteem VX
  • Mahindra Scorpio
  • Hyundai Getz GLS

My interests:
  • Train/Locomotive spotting
  • Gaming
  • Reading
  • Talking about cars.. Duh!

My dream rides:
  • Yamaha FZ-1
  • Triumph Speed Triple
  • Mitsubishi EVO X
  • Range Rover Vogue
Yes, I have a thing for naked street bikes.

I'm probably the only one in my school who adores cars, all my friends are rather very humdrum when it comes to cars/bikes unless it's Lamborghini , Ferrari, Audi.. You get my drift

With my board exams right around the corner, my concentration must remain impeccable and my only means of entertainment/information, as of now, is Team-BHP!

Hope my journey here turns out to be eventful. Can't wait to get my licence next year!

A pebble among boulders-img_20130512_084657.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 25th December 2013 at 04:06. Reason: Picture uploaded to T-BHP server. All image files must be uploaded using the Manage Attachments link. Thanks!
createrkid is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th December 2013, 12:47   #2

Default re: A pebble among boulders

Greetings Zohaib.. a warm welcome to the family and best of luck for your upcoming exams.
calypsoGT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2013, 15:59   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: A pebble among boulders

Welcome!

In a way, I'm envious. You have a Team-BHP.com at the start of your motoring career, we didn't . Take your time going through threads on the best practices of driving, safety etc. You won't make the same mistakes we did. The Getz is a great car to start off on.

Good luck with the boards
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th December 2013, 18:55   #4
BHPian

Thumbs up Re: A pebble among boulders

Interesting write up. Welcome To Team BHP! And All the best for your exams.
Ritzvxi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2013, 21:55   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Welcome!

In a way, I'm envious. You have a Team-BHP.com at the start of your motoring career, we didn't . Take your time going through threads on the best practices of driving, safety etc. You won't make the same mistakes we did. The Getz is a great car to start off on.

Good luck with the boards
Thank's a lot GTO , I definitely shall. Do expect an initial ownership review of an Inline 4 from me in a couple of years.
Old 26th December 2013, 16:17   #6
BHPian

Smile Re: A pebble among boulders

Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post

My name is Zohaib and just like everyone else, I'm a hardcore car and bike enthusiast(believe me, hardcore is just an understatement)

Yes, I have a thing for naked street bikes.

I'm probably the only one in my school who adores cars, all my friends are rather very humdrum when it comes to cars/bikes unless it's Lamborghini , Ferrari, Audi.. You get my drift

Hope my journey here turns out to be eventful. Can't wait to get my licence next year!
These things are very similar b/w us bro. Sometimes people around get fed up of us being too much into cars right? :P Especially when you watch Top Gear/ Overdrive etc when others wan't to watch some serials on TV..?

Me too likey naked bikes a lot especially the Duke.

Same about friends too. They get bored when I talk about Marutis or Volkswagens than about Ferraris n Lambos.

I got my license few months back. The wait felt like forever. Finally I'm legally allowed to drive on roads.

Enjoy your stay here bro among the like minded freaks. and do well in your boards!
Car_Freak_911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2013, 22:18   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car_Freak_911 View Post
These things are very similar b/w us bro. Sometimes people around get fed up of us being too much into cars right? :P Especially when you watch Top Gear/ Overdrive etc when others wan't to watch some serials on TV..?

, you totally read my mind regarding this aspect!
Closed Thread