Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 26th February 2014, 22:51   #1

Default New Member from Canada

Hi Guys, Im a new member that just signed up from all the way over on the west coast of Canada. Im a Nissan enthusiast and also love to do lots of filming when we go out 4x4ing. I find it interesting to see how different the terrain and vehicles are all over the world which is what brought me to your board! I know this isnt a 4x4 specific board, but I did see your 4x4 and offroad section so I figured I would share some of my stuff and experiences with you guys!

We have quite unique terrain here, characterized by lots of tight trees, big wet rocks and steep climbs. An exo-cage is a must around here with the tight trees and rollover potential, but its much safer than an un-caged truck anyways.

The vast majority of the guys I wheel with are in Toyotas, about a 1/3rd is jeeps (they cant keep up in this terrain) and I am the solo Nissan in my whole area.....I just had to be different!

My truck is an 87 Nissan Pathfinder with a Ford HP Dana60 front end, Chevy 14bolt rear end, full PSC hydro steering, locked front and rear, 42" Iroks, flatbelly, Dual t-cases running a tx10-d300, full exo cage, racing cams and headers, onboard air and a few other odds and ends. Its a very unique truck since so few people in North America bothered to build up Nissans, expecially ones running 1ton running gear.

But here is a few videos I've made of local 4x4ing, I have over 60 on my youtube channel but here is a few highlights.

My rig in action a few weekends ago

A friend of mine who needs to learn to let off the gas

A competition buggy with a Turboed 350

A local OHV park

Last edited by GTO : 27th February 2014 at 10:57. Reason: Formatting
Pathmaker is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 27th February 2014, 00:04   #2
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: New Member from Canada

Hey welcome Pathmaker to our very own TBHP. Wow some superb videos there. The first one was unbelievable, felt like you couldn't jump over, no way!

Am sure you will have good fun in the 4x4 section with many enthusiasts and topic being discussed. Have a great time ahead!
Old 27th February 2014, 00:41   #3
BHPian

Welcome to the forum. It would be really good to have you share your 4X4 experiences.

I see that newer models of Pathfinder loosing it's rugged look and getting soft corners and edges. This is just my thought after my colleague got a 2014 2WD Pathfinder Platinum.

Drive safe!
Old 19th March 2014, 10:00   #4

Thanks for the warm welcome and my apologies for signing up and then disappearing! I've been busy with more video editing and even some time behind the wheel of my own rig........unfortunately it ended badly with a broken transfer case, which equalled a few late nights in the shop with the wrenches! But thats all part of the 4x4 game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by josejoseph View Post
Welcome to the forum. It would be really good to have you share your 4X4 experiences.

I see that newer models of Pathfinder loosing it's rugged look and getting soft corners and edges. This is just my thought after my colleague got a 2014 2WD Pathfinder Platinum.

Drive safe!

I fully agree, they are almost Mini-Van's now that are somehow marketed as a 4x4. But unfortunately all of the manufacturers are going that way. The latest version of the Jeeps are starting to look like Van's too! Whatever happened to a full frame and a 4wheel drive that actually took you some places!

I think you guys will like this video if you want to see what an older Pathfinder can really do! Its very impressive to see it continually pick it self back up and hit the jump again and again........infact its still running when it gets crushed, it just doesnt want to die!

Closed Thread