Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 17th April 2014, 11:12   #1

Default Hey fellow BHPians!

Just got an e-mail saying I got into this amazing forum! Finally did it, considering how many times I've tried!

I was named Veeradithya Ballal. I dropped into the world in 1997, and have loved cars ever since! I remember sitting in my granddad lap and driving(or steering) an old ambassador or shifting gears in his jeep- he was a Rally Driver who raced in the Himalayan rally. So, he pretty much kindled my interest! I remember my first hobby ever was cutting out pictures of cars and sticking them onto my very own scrapbook! My brother in law is a pretty big petrolhead, writes reviews too! He is - you can say - mentoring me as of now.

Born in Mangalore, lived the majority or my life in Bangalore(15 years), but now I've shifted to Udupi, just when Bangalore decides to up its car game!

I was more of a spec, stats guy, but I kind of 'morphed' into this one with the car, spiritual person- which frankly some people don't get- I'm still 16, so I'm not allowed to drive, although I have ' illegally' driven my father's Swift Dzire many,many times - but then who hasn't!

I'm just glad I've been able to get into the forum! Waiting to turn 18, so I can TD and write accurate reviews and hear from all of you!

Cheers!
Veeradithya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2014, 14:32   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Hey fellow BHPians!

Welcome Veeradithya!

Cars obviously run in your family. What was your Grandpa's name?

Do search through the many forum threads with driving tips, best practices etc. Never a better time to read them than when starting up.

See you around!
Old 17th April 2014, 15:24   #3
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Hey fellow BHPians!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veeradithya View Post
Just got an e-mail saying I got into this amazing forum! Finally did it, considering how many times I've tried!
Hi Veeradithya, You are officially a part of this accurate, unbiased and truly knowledgeable encyclopedia of Automotive industry. Feels really great to see teenagers having so much interest in cars.

Quote:
I remember sitting in my granddad lap and driving(or steering) an old ambassador or shifting gears in his jeep- he was a Rally Driver who raced in the Himalayan rally. So, he pretty much kindled my interest! I remember my first hobby ever was cutting out pictures of cars and sticking them onto my very own scrapbook! My brother in law is a pretty big petrolhead, writes reviews too! He is - you can say - mentoring me as of now.
Very lucky my friend. When I joined here I had no prior mentoring. What I had was real undying passion for cars. Over here, I was supported by GTO, Rehaan and the whole team. Also, We both share the childhood hobby of cutting the pics of the cars.

Quote:
I'm still 16, so I'm not allowed to drive, although I have ' illegally' driven my father's Swift Dzire many,many times - but then who hasn't!
Now that you have become a part of this forum, I hope your desire to drive would have increased manifolds but make sure you always do the right thing.

Quote:
I'm just glad I've been able to get into the forum! Waiting to turn 18, so I can TD and write accurate reviews and hear from all of you!
A feeling worth cherishing. We all shall look forward to your contribution and may you get lots of praise for your ideas.

Happy Driving!!

Thanks

AD

Last edited by ad3952n : 17th April 2014 at 15:26.
Old 17th April 2014, 18:18   #4

Moderator Note: Please use Multi Quote [Quote+], instead of back to back posts. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Welcome Veeradithya!
=======
See you around!
Pretty much does! His name was Shantiverma Jain, lived in Wyanad. I guess he also drove in a rally in Jaipur. Reading the forum threads- will do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
Hi Veeradithya, You are officially a part of this accurate, unbiased and truly knowledgeable encyclopedia of Automotive industry.
========
Thanks

AD
Thank you for the warm welcome, never met someone who did that-feels like home already! I hope I'll get the same mentoring. Thanks again :-)

Last edited by Jaggu : 17th April 2014 at 18:39.
Veeradithya is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread