Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2014, 17:57   #1
BHPian
 
maverick.munish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Shimla, Delhi
Posts: 72
Thanked: 29 Times
Default Hola Amigos !!!

When the time of realisation of a dream arrives, you are either too dumbstruck or so in awe that you feel the world around you going still.
This is how I felt when after a few forlorn attempts to be on board Team-BHP, my membership request got approved.

Almost 5 years ago, a friend introduced me to the idea of browsing Team-BHP for my auto-related queries, for which I had been bugging him for almost a decade. Ever since then, I had been an outsider (a non-member), rather let me say a fringe player since then, and then last month I thought of enrolling into the group of the most auto aware fellow roadsters only to be waved off twice (application rejections are disheartening). Now is the joy of being the part of the group which is as diverse and yet so parallel as the wheels we drive.

I am a 29 year old motor freak, who feels so much at home on the road as he is in actually in the cordon of the four walls.
A software consultant by profession, I am a native of Shimla (yes, the Queen of Hills as many call it) and I currently reside in Delhi. I have previously lived and worked in Bangalore and have been overseas to the UK for a good 4 years.
Travelling, clicking pictures and religiously follwing the footbnall leagues from all over Europe (did i tell you that I am a Red Devil - Glory Glory Man Utd) are my favorite pastimes and an ideal holiday for me is a drive to almost anywhere I can.
I have travelled the nooks and corners of Himachal and have covered considerable stretches of road down South (Kerala, Karanataka, Pondicherry and Tamil Nadu). Internationally , I have had the priviledge of driving on the AutoBahn which is a drivers paradise, the UK mainland, bits and places in Europe ranging from Paris to amsterdamm to Frankfurt.

The vehicles I have driven include a Hero honda Karizma (my first love) during my college days, which was harshly taken away from me by my parents after an accident in Bangalore which left me with a 2 month long bed rest and a month long physiotherapy sessions.
I never was a four wheel enthusiast but as fate would have it, am being confined to cars ever since. I have driven a lot of cars, both manual and automatic ranging from the poor man's ferrari (Maruti Suzuki 800) to the Mercedes S Class (a rental in the UK).
I currently own a Maruti Suzui Zen 1999 (just for the charm of having one) and a Maruti Suzuki Ritz 2012 (my office ride) and I am planning to buy a Renault Duster soon.

It is an honour to be a part of the Team-BHP family finally. My greetings to fellow BHP'ians around the world.
Looking forward to a long association ahead.

Cheers !!
maverick.munish is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 5th May 2014, 17:03   #2
Senior - BHPian
 
parrys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Thane - Mumbai
Posts: 1,242
Thanked: 5,667 Times
Default Re: Hola Amigos !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick.munish View Post
The vehicles I have driven include a Hero honda Karizma (my first love) during my college days, which was harshly taken away from me by my parents after an accident in Bangalore which left me with a 2 month long bed rest and a month long physiotherapy sessions.
I never was a four wheel enthusiast but as fate would have it, am being confined to cars ever since. I have driven a lot of cars, both manual and automatic ranging from the poor man's ferrari (Maruti Suzuki 800) to the Mercedes S Class (a rental in the UK).
I currently own a Maruti Suzui Zen 1999 (just for the charm of having one) and a Maruti Suzuki Ritz 2012 (my office ride) and I am planning to buy a Renault Duster soon.
Welcome to Team-BHP maverick.munish,

A very humble ride during college days I must say
I so wish I got a Karizma when I was in college, but the salesman described the bike as if it was a litre bike and my dad pushed me towards the Splendor. After a month long argument, I finally got the 1st gen TVS Apache.

Any reason why you wouldn't opt for the Nissan Terrano?
parrys is offline  
Old 5th May 2014, 17:49   #3
BHPian
 
maverick.munish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Shimla, Delhi
Posts: 72
Thanked: 29 Times
Default Re: Hola Amigos !!!

Thanks parrys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrys View Post
A very humble ride during college days I must say
I so wish I got a Karizma when I was in college, but the salesman described the bike as if it was a litre bike and my dad pushed me towards the Splendor. After a month long argument, I finally got the 1st gen TVS Apache.
The sole reason I could ask my dad to shell out that amount of money on a Karizma was the endorsement from my elder brother, who agreed to part pay for it. He had just joined a new job and his meagre savings gave my budget a boost to land the bike I always wished to have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrys View Post
Any reason why you wouldn't opt for the Nissan Terrano?
Wow.. now this has thrown me into a quandry. Believe me, your suggestion has raked in so many questions that I am in a fix now.
Firstly, Nissan never advertised the Terrano enough to make me think.
Secondly, I always thought that like the X-Trail, the Terrano too would be pricey. I really never expected the costs mentioned by you in your review.

I have a few follow up questions thought, which I hope you would not mind me asking:
a) How do the after sales, road side assistance and maintenance for Nissan compare to that of Renault.
b) I would be using the vehicle to drive from Delhi to Shimla on a frequent basis. How do the two compare in terms of highway performance. i.e. drive-ability and performance parameters.
c) I compared the Duster with the Ford Eco-sport and it won hands down. How would you rate the direct faceoff between the Duster and Terrano.
d) Having driven the Duster, I felt a little sideway pull especially on the tough and windy roads in Himachal. Would Terrano be any better.
e) I had the mid-variant in mind while selecting the Duster. the Terrano with an additional Rs. 80k extra pricing, does not seem to justify the pricing. How would you account for that. Benefits vs Money ??

Thanks in advance.
Keep Revving !!!
maverick.munish is online now  
Old 6th May 2014, 09:17   #4
Senior - BHPian
 
parrys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Thane - Mumbai
Posts: 1,242
Thanked: 5,667 Times
Default Re: Hola Amigos !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick.munish View Post
a) How do the after sales, road side assistance and maintenance for Nissan compare to that of Renault.
There are a couple of ownership reports on the forum for the Duster & the Terrano, I guess a PM to those owners would give you a better idea about this.

Quote:
b) I would be using the vehicle to drive from Delhi to Shimla on a frequent basis. How do the two compare in terms of highway performance. i.e. drive-ability and performance parameters.
Suspension setup is brilliant. This will be the most comfortable ride even on rough terrain. Both are identical mechanically, so no difference between the two.

Quote:
c) I compared the Duster with the Ford Eco-sport and it won hands down. How would you rate the direct faceoff between the Duster and Terrano.
The Duster scores on space, ride comfort, overall road presence while the EcoSport scores on tech, funky styling & a cheaper price tag for entry level variants.


Quote:
d)Having driven the Duster, I felt a little sideway pull especially on the tough and windy roads in Himachal. Would Terrano be any better.
Did not understand this point completely, but what you feel in the Duster, you will feel the same in the Terrano.

[quote]e) I had the mid-variant in mind while selecting the Duster. the Terrano with an additional Rs. 80k extra pricing, does not seem to justify the pricing. How would you account for that. Benefits vs Money ??[quote]

If all comes down to what you want, a slightly better looking product, or save that extra $$$
Personally, I like the Duster over the Terrano.
parrys is offline  
Old 6th May 2014, 17:53   #5
BHPian
 
maverick.munish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Shimla, Delhi
Posts: 72
Thanked: 29 Times
Default Re: Hola Amigos !!!

Thanks Parrys.

I would check with the guys you pointed put for detailed answers.
However your review of the Terrano was insightful nevertheless.

cheers
maverick.munish is online now  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hola Amigos!! There is a new BHPian in town Shanky_Cobra Introduce yourself 7 29th March 2014 18:11
Hola Amigos! cataclysm Introduce yourself 5 23rd January 2013 10:04
Hola Amigos Ikonification Introduce yourself 2 21st December 2011 12:51
Hola Amigos ABeeBytes Introduce yourself 4 20th June 2010 23:47
Hola Amigos DuHasstMich Introduce yourself 4 1st December 2006 01:13


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:46.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks