Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2014, 00:09   #1
Newbie
 
NitroSRT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 3
Thanked: 2 Times
Smile Greetings fellow earthlings!

Glad to finally be an official member of Team-BHP!

I have been following team-bhp for years as a silent and unregistered admirer and loved it, now thanks to moderators I am now a official part of the community.
I am a software engineer working in Delhi, though I don't get much time to pamper my cars as much as I want, I still love all three of them. My rides:
  1. 2001 White Maruti Zen VX
  2. 2003 Black OHC Vtech
  3. 2010 White Hyundai i20 Magna

Although the best one in the list is my beloved vtech, I love my Zen the most and it's my go to car for short trips to the market etc. I take i20 for longer rides as it's the best highway cruiser in my fleet of 3 cars . i20 does not like being pushed around the corners hard like my lightweight zen or the vtech but it's comfortable so don't have a choice here. The vtech is the least driven and starting to show it's age by being in the workshop most of the time.My dad is forcing me to sell it as he thinks 3 cars is too much for a single 22 year old guy and it's not worth it to keep the vtech anyways. I cannot part with any one of them but since parking and maintenance is a problem, I think I will part with the vtech soon.

I am thinking of getting a Cedia and making it a beast by adding a turbo, cat black, cold air intakes and hard rock suspension. To me handling comes first before comfort since I have the lumpy i20 for comfort.

At last, I wanna say that I am extremely proud to be a member of team-bhp community and I am looking forward to making it a better place from my side.
PEACE!

Last edited by moralfibre : 14th May 2014 at 10:25. Reason: Only two smileys permitted per post.
NitroSRT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2014, 09:54   #2
D4D
BHPian
 
D4D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Garden City
Posts: 482
Thanked: 326 Times
Default Re: Greetings fellow earthlings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroSRT View Post
and it's not worth it to keep the vtech anyways
.............
I am thinking of getting a Cedia and making it a beast by adding a turbo, cat black, cold air intakes and hard rock suspension
Welcome to T-BHP! Oh boy, I forgot to introduce myself.

OHC v-tech is one of the best drivers cars around. Please reconsider your decision on selling it. I have driven a friends v-tech and I came out amazed. Please try to keep it.

About the cedia, I'm not sure that's a good idea due to the lack of spares and service. You could try getting a used Laura RS and do your mods. Going by general opinion in the forum, Skoda service is not good but I think it's better than non-existent HM-Mitsubishi service.

Alternately, wait for the new Fiesta. Rumours pointing out that it's supposed to get the 1.0 l ecoboost.
D4D is offline  
Old 14th May 2014, 10:36   #3
Senior - BHPian
 
IshaanIan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Hyd/B'lore
Posts: 2,304
Thanked: 2,768 Times
Default Re: Greetings fellow earthlings!

Welcome aboard!

You are one lucky 22 year old you know; a Zen, V-TEC OHC and an i20. WOW. Anyway, the Cedia is an absolute cracker. However, ease of maintenance, no longer exists. Parts are nowadays very expensive and hard to come by, so buying one and doing major mods on it, will require you to devote a lot of time to the car. The Civic is a safer bet today and while it didn't handle as well, if your modding the car, there are a million possibilities

Cheers and see you around!
IshaanIan is offline  
Old 14th May 2014, 16:18   #4
Newbie
 
NitroSRT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 3
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: Greetings fellow earthlings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4D View Post
Welcome to T-BHP! Oh boy, I forgot to introduce myself.

OHC v-tech is one of the best drivers cars around. Please reconsider your decision on selling it. I have driven a friends v-tech and I came out amazed. Please try to keep it.

About the cedia, I'm not sure that's a good idea due to the lack of spares and service. You could try getting a used Laura RS and do your mods. Going by general opinion in the forum, Skoda service is not good but I think it's better than non-existent HM-Mitsubishi service.

Alternately, wait for the new Fiesta. Rumours pointing out that it's supposed to get the 1.0 l ecoboost.
Yes, you are absolutely right about the cedia. I can get a cedia right now but it's my dad who say otherwise and I think you guys are right! I am also looking forward to the new fiesta. i drove the ecosport ecoboost, though the car is not that good the engine is pretty capable despite being A4 sized

Never driven the Laura RS but I have read a lot about it here, my friend had a red octavia RS and man that car was good! The only thing was that after 80k on the odo, the car was dead. I guess I will be waiting for the fiesta then!
NitroSRT is offline  
Old 14th May 2014, 16:25   #5
Newbie
 
NitroSRT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 3
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: Greetings fellow earthlings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Welcome aboard!

You are one lucky 22 year old you know; a Zen, V-TEC OHC and an i20. WOW. Anyway, the Cedia is an absolute cracker. However, ease of maintenance, no longer exists. Parts are nowadays very expensive and hard to come by, so buying one and doing major mods on it, will require you to devote a lot of time to the car. The Civic is a safer bet today and while it didn't handle as well, if your modding the car, there are a million possibilities

Cheers and see you around!
Thanks bro! I love all three of them but as I read on someones signature here on team-bhp: Owning a car is is not aluxury nowadays, parking space is

I absolutely forgot about the civic, it just slipped my mind. You are right, while being with the civic, we do have a million possibilities! Just a suspension upgrade and nice broad tyres change the handling of the car by a great extent.
Thanks for the help guys, if the vtech doesn't get better in a few months, it would be a new fiesta or a modded civic then
PEACE!
NitroSRT is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Greetings fellow earthlings iliketurtles Introduce yourself 4 5th August 2011 21:48
Greetings from Ramesh to fellow BHPians! ramsnavy Introduce yourself 12 11th December 2009 09:19
Greetings fellow T-Bhpians! tushar1985 Introduce yourself 1 6th March 2009 12:18
Greetings to fellow T-Bhpias Abhijat Introduce yourself 3 29th May 2008 00:18
Greetings fellow bhpians Optimus Prime Introduce yourself 5 26th July 2007 19:49


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:34.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks