Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 2nd July 2014, 18:34   #1
BHPian

Default Hello BHPians, Here is another member joining in

Hi Team,
It was a great moment to receive the approval email and glad to be a part of this energy filled team.

This is Dileep Nair, a software engineer like many of you; However that did not stop me from continuing my passion for automobiles. It has been ever growing.

I am into off-roading than anything else when it comes to motoring, have been driving off road for more than 12 years now.
My family owns a Mahindra CL500 MDI and family lives close to hills which of course made my entry into offloading easier and I must admit that I am a fan of off roading than any other form of motoring since then.

I currently live in The Netherlands, driving a Renault Twingo. Netherlands is not the best place for off-roading, but i started enjoying long drives these days.

Apart from Mahindra and Twingo, I also own a RE Bullet std 2007, Currently being used by my friend back in Kerala-India.

Motor I wish to own? - I think its a Land Rover defender or Series 2/3 which would make me happier than owning any other vehicle.

Thats what all i have about me, Thanks once again and have a very nice day and ride.
Dileep Nair.
dileepcm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th July 2014, 16:42   #2
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Hello BHPians, Here is another member joining in

Hey Dileep,

Welcome to Team-BHP. You being an avid off-roader, I know which section will interest you the most.

So why exactly isn't Netherlands good for off-roading?? Although, it is one of the flattest place, I am sure there would be some really cool terrains that you may wish to explore.

Do go through the forum rules before posting : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...e-posting.html

See you around on the forum.
S2!!! is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2014, 00:59   #3
BHPian

Default Re: Hello BHPians, Here is another member joining in

Hi S2!!!,
Thank you for the reply, much appreciated.

Coming to off-roading in the Netherlands,
There aren't many off road events happening. As far as I could observe, the very first reason is that the country is very flat and most of the available land surface [about 35% ] is below the sea level making it too watery.
Second of all, the natural behavior and interests of people are all revolving around water sports or water adventures, but not around any other areas.

I heard that there are pretty good options available in Germany, however I am yet to be a part of any. Hoping to join a few soon. I will definitely be posting details and photos when ever I am able to make myself into any of the trips.

Happy riding,
Dileep
dileepcm is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread