Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 9th July 2014, 19:56   #1
BHPian

Default Greetings from a fellow enthusiast :)

Hello everyone!

Finally after wanting to join the forum for so many years, I've been finally accepted! Feels great to have a place where I can share my views with like minded people regarding my biggest passion - Anything that has wheels

My biggest inspiration in life has been vehicles, right from the first day I can remember. It drove me towards some of my most important decisions in life, and has brought me to the position that I am today. Over the years, I have learnt a great deal about them and I still have a long long way to go.

I hope to contribute in positive manner to this forum and I can gain as well as share as much knowledge as I can.

Cheers!
asivan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th July 2014, 00:06   #2
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Greetings from a fellow enthusiast :)

Welcome Sir,
Infact I too was selected for this forum today only. So its kinda like we share our birthdays for this awesome life on TBHP :-)
Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 27th July 2014, 10:11   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome to our world asivan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asivan View Post
My biggest inspiration in life has been vehicles, right from the first day I can remember. It drove me towards some of my most important decisions in life, and has brought me to the position that I am today.
Would definitely love to hear more on this. So, please crank right away.
Old 27th July 2014, 14:38   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Would definitely love to hear more on this. So, please crank right away.
Sure thing!

From a very early age (around 3 i guess) i had an infatuation with cars. used to play with them all the time, as is normal with every kid.Dad had bought a model car and train during his foreign trip and those were my companions for a long time. I still have those at home, hope to give them to my kids someday. After a while, a simple observation of wheels and tyres, when I used to go in the auto with my family, led to a lot of questions to dad as to how vehicles move and all that!

Further on, when i was about 12, one day I was just browsing through the tv, saw a few cars running very close to each other and it just captivated me. A grid came up on the screen, and a red car was being shown with MSC underneath it. The car looked absolutely brilliant and later I realised that was my first formula 1 race and MSC was none other than Michael Schumacher Been following formula 1 ever since, have not missed a single race voluntarily.

Formula 1 and cars in general, was the reason I chose mechanical engineering for my graduation and completed my studies in that field. Further on, a strong desire to work in the automotive industry, led me to pursue my masters in an extremely specialized area of vehicle engineering, something which amazes me even today. Now, I work for an automobile major doing exactly what I had started out to do, for them. But still, I'm waiting for the opportunity which will take me to salvation, i.e., Formula 1.

And so, the story continues.. Thanks for reading!
Closed Thread