Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2014, 20:59   #1
BHPian
 
psurelia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 237
Thanked: 437 Times
Default Traveller with dreams of a borderless world - Partha Surelia from Kolkata

Hi Friends,

I believe, if 80% of the world population is crazy about wheels like you and me, there will be no war and every soul will rest in peace on earth. I want to travel the world on my own wheels. What stops me? The borders and the papers. Therefore, I want a border-less world. If every descendant of Adam is busy with what he/she loves, there will be no time or space for greed and hatred. Peace will prevail and wheels will rule!!!

I am Partha Surelia, now settled in Kolkata. Passion : Road Trips, Kung Fu, Technology and, above all, my family. I have over 10 years of road trips stories to tell you. I have a Pulsar 150 DTSi (2004) and a Tata Safari Storme VX 4x4 (2014). I also drive my father's Alto K10 VXi (2011) extensively. When I was in Mumbai, I used to have a 3rd hand Maruti Esteem VX (1999).

I am really happy to be part of this extended family and hope to have a lot of fun with you guys.

By the way, this is not my first post. You can read through my first thread Storme through the Hills: Kolkata to Darjeeling & Gangtok.

Please feel free to ask me any questions that you may have.

Thank you.
Partha
psurelia is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 12th July 2014, 06:17   #2
Distinguished - BHPian
 
a4anurag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9,169
Thanked: 12,720 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by psurelia View Post

I have over 10 years of road trips stories to tell you. I have a Pulsar 150 DTSi (2004) and a Tata Safari Storme VX 4x4 (2014). I also drive my father's Alto K10 VXi (2011) extensively.

I am really happy to be part of this extended family and hope to have a lot of fun with you guys.
Welcome to Team-BHP Sir,

Now this is a different kind of intro and a beginning to ones association here. Good one.

10 years of travelogues is BIG affair and yes we are waiting for you to share then with us.

So when are you starting the threads on your travelogues?!

Regards,
Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2014, 06:26   #3
BHPian
 
psurelia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 237
Thanked: 437 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
So when are you starting the threads on your travelogues?!
Thanks Anurag. I have just posted the story of my latest trip couple of days back. The link is there in my intro above. Please read it in your leisure and let me know how you like it.
psurelia is offline  
Old 12th July 2014, 11:43   #4
BHPian
 
Samba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 855
Thanked: 4,578 Times
Default Re: Traveler with the dream of a border-less world - Partha Surelia from Kolkata

Its great to have you on board. Welcome to Team Bhp. Yesterday i already ready your travelogue and that was really nice and a great way to start your journey in Team Bhp.

Hope to acquire many tips from your 10 years of road trip experience. At kolkata we will look forward to meet you in our Kolkata Team Bhp meets.
Samba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2014, 12:43   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 46,501
Thanked: 80,112 Times
Default Re: Traveller with dreams of a borderless world - Partha Surelia from Kolkata

Welcome aboard, Partha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psurelia View Post
I believe, if 80% of the world population is crazy about wheels like you and me, there will be no war and every soul will rest in peace on earth.
Make that 80% of politicians . Civilians rarely care about violence & war, it's the guys at the top who initiate.

Saw the travelogue yesterday. Your family looks great together, especially in the pictures with li'l angel Srishti. Perfect ride for all those roadtrips too.

Drive safe, buddy!
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2014, 16:59   #6
BHPian
 
psurelia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 237
Thanked: 437 Times
Default Re: Traveller with dreams of a borderless world - Partha Surelia from Kolkata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Its great to have you on board. Welcome to Team Bhp. Yesterday i already ready your travelogue and that was really nice and a great way to start your journey in Team Bhp.

Hope to acquire many tips from your 10 years of road trip experience. At kolkata we will look forward to meet you in our Kolkata Team Bhp meets.
Thanks for your encouraging feedback, Samba. Please feel free to ask me any questions you feel like. I shall try my best. I shall also try to include the lessons I learnt in these 10 years in my future posts.

I am eager to meet all the wonderful BHPians in the City of Joy. Please do let me know whenever you guys plan for a meet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Welcome aboard, Partha.



Make that 80% of politicians . Civilians rarely care about violence & war, it's the guys at the top who initiate.

Saw the travelogue yesterday. Your family looks great together, especially in the pictures with li'l angel Srishti. Perfect ride for all those roadtrips too.

Drive safe, buddy!
Your comment about politicians is absolutely true GTO. But it is also a reality that borders, violence and war is there even within geographical borders. People harm and kill each other at all levels of the society for all sorts of reasons - big and small. That makes people like you and me scared for the future of our little angels. It is manifested in the popularity of TV shows like "Crime Patrol" and "Savdhaan India". My point is that politicians emerge from all levels of the society and in order to change the picture, the society needs to go through a bigger change from within.

Back in 2007, I had an idea and started building an online forum called "Indian Roadies" with a bunch of friends. Along the way, it fell off my head at some point. When I found out about Team-BHP, I found it is almost what I once wanted to create. It's my good fortune that I am not in competition with you. If I were, I would have been the Orkut in race with Facebook. It is a fantastic thing that you have done! Congrats...
psurelia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2014, 19:46   #7
BHPian
 
Samba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 855
Thanked: 4,578 Times
Default Re: Traveller with dreams of a borderless world - Partha Surelia from Kolkata

Quote:
Originally Posted by psurelia View Post
Thanks for your encouraging feedback, Samba. Please feel free to ask me any questions you feel like. I shall try my best. I shall also try to include the lessons I learnt in these 10 years in my future posts.
Thanks a lot. That will be helpful for every one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psurelia View Post
I am eager to meet all the wonderful BHPians in the City of Joy. Please do let me know whenever you guys plan for a meet.
Yes surely we will let you know once a meet is planned. We will be equally eager to meet you. When a Team Bhp meet is planned it gets updated at the 'team Bhp meet section'.
Samba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2014, 11:31   #8
BHPian
 
Samba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 855
Thanked: 4,578 Times
Default Re: Traveller with dreams of a borderless world - Partha Surelia from Kolkata

Quote:
Originally Posted by psurelia View Post
posts.

I am eager to meet all the wonderful BHPians in the City of Joy. Please do let me know whenever you guys plan for a meet.
As am unable to PM you right now so just to let you know today a topic has come up regarding our Kolkata Team Bhp meet. You can check it out over here. Hope to meet you soon. You will get all the required details on the below link where the discussion is going on.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...et-2014-a.html
Samba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2014, 11:56   #9
BHPian
 
psurelia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 237
Thanked: 437 Times
Default Re: Traveller with dreams of a borderless world - Partha Surelia from Kolkata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
As am unable to PM you right now so just to let you know today a topic has come up regarding our Kolkata Team Bhp meet. You can check it out over here. Hope to meet you soon.
Thanks Samba. I am also eager to meet you guys.
psurelia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2014, 11:53   #10
BHPian
 
gearhead_mait's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 365
Thanked: 1,096 Times
Default Re: Traveller with dreams of a borderless world - Partha Surelia from Kolkata

Welcome to the group psurelia. This forum is a rich source of travel information. It already has ample details to cover our Nation, and the users are continually adding to the stock.

I am new to the forum too, about a couple of months older.
gearhead_mait is offline  
Old 19th July 2014, 18:28   #11
BHPian
 
psurelia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 237
Thanked: 437 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead_mait View Post
This forum is a rich source of travel information. It already has ample details to cover our Nation, and the users are continually adding to the stock.
I started following TBHP articles after I heard the same from one of my friends, Pramoda.
psurelia is offline  
Old 23rd July 2014, 19:12   #12
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 47
Thanked: 44 Times
Default Re: Traveller with dreams of a borderless world - Partha Surelia from Kolkata

Quote:
Originally Posted by psurelia View Post
Hi Friends,

I believe, if 80% of the world population is crazy about wheels like you and me, there will be no war and every soul will rest in peace on earth. I want to travel the world on my own wheels. What stops me? The borders and the papers. Therefore, I want a border-less world. If every descendant of Adam is busy with what he/she loves, there will be no time or space for greed and hatred. Peace will prevail and wheels will rule!!!

I am Partha Surelia, now settled in Kolkata. Passion : Road Trips, Kung Fu, Technology and, above all, my family. I have over 10 years of road trips stories to tell you. I have a Pulsar 150 DTSi (2004) and a Tata Safari Storme VX 4x4 (2014). I also drive my father's Alto K10 VXi (2011) extensively. When I was in Mumbai, I used to have a 3rd hand Maruti Esteem VX (1999).

I am really happy to be part of this extended family and hope to have a lot of fun with you guys.

By the way, this is not my first post. You can read through my first thread Storme through the Hills: Kolkata to Darjeeling & Gangtok.

Please feel free to ask me any questions that you may have.

Thank you.
Partha
Welcome Sir, please post all your road trips so it will be good for us to enjoy it . Once again, welcome to team bhp sir.

Regards
Suraj
psuraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 20:00   #13
BHPian
 
psurelia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 237
Thanked: 437 Times
Default Re: Traveller with dreams of a borderless world - Partha Surelia from Kolkata

Quote:
Originally Posted by psuraj View Post
Welcome Sir, please post all your road trips so it will be good for us to enjoy it . Once again, welcome to team bhp sir.

Regards
Suraj
Thanks Suraj. I hope to bring you some interesting stories shortly. The one I am currently working on is review of my Tata Safari Storme VX 4x4.
psurelia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2014, 20:27   #14
BHPian
 
Samba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 855
Thanked: 4,578 Times
Default Re: Traveller with dreams of a borderless world - Partha Surelia from Kolkata

Quote:
Originally Posted by psurelia View Post
Thanks Suraj. I hope to bring you some interesting stories shortly. The one I am currently working on is review of my Tata Safari Storme VX 4x4.
Wow eagerly waiting for that to come up. From Bhpian Tacho9000 i heard there is going to be some off-roading event going to happen near Kolkata on 2 nd August just the day before our Kolkata Team Bhp meet. So before publishing the review if you want to take part in some off -roading event with your 4x4 beast and add that too in your review you can call Tacho9000 (Subhra Mallick) at 9831805136 for the details.

And eagerly waiting to see your beast on 3rd August morning at our Kolkata Team Bhp meet.
Samba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2014, 20:39   #15
BHPian
 
psurelia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 237
Thanked: 437 Times
Default Re: Traveller with dreams of a borderless world - Partha Surelia from Kolkata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
From Bhpian Tacho9000 i heard there is going to be some off-roading event going to happen near Kolkata on 2 nd August just the day before our Kolkata Team Bhp meet.
Thanks for the great info Samba. I have been waiting for such an off-roading event. But I am not sure if I shall be able to participate because of some prior commitments on 2nd Aug. But I shall definitely get in touch with Tacho9000 to get the details of the event.
psurelia is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Orissa's Unknown Forests [Kolkata-Kuldia-Satkosia-Bangriposi-Kolkata] -->> Part 2 adc Travelogues 78 30th March 2017 21:54
Orissa's Unknown Forests [Kolkata-Kuldia-Satkosia-Bangriposi-Kolkata] -->> Part 1 adc Travelogues 19 16th June 2015 01:43
"Kolkata - Leh - Kolkata * Interested Kolkata TBHP Members. Captdey Route / Travel Queries 17 17th May 2010 23:48
Calcutta-Collector/Restorer-Partha Bose john a milne Vintage Cars & Classics in India 13 14th November 2009 13:33
Kolkata-Vizag-Kolkata (All in a weekend and a bit more) Incognito Travelogues 15 11th March 2008 00:10


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:37.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks