Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 30th July 2014, 07:44   #1

Default Engineer - Entrepreneur - Driver - Author - Social Media Addict

The title is inspired from "the-mechanic", could not find a simpler and better way to put it.

I am from Trivandrum, Kerala.

I was not much of a car enthusiast even though I used to drive a lot, cars were something that took me from point A to point B until I started working on OBD as a hobby project. The fact that cars have a computer inside caught my interest and led me to the wonderful world of auto-mobiles.

I am 31 years old now and have always felt that I should have opened the hood of my dads Maruti 800 and tinkered with it long time back. Instead I fooled around with my cousins computer and became a computer engineer. But who knew they would put computers inside cars.

I design social media campaigns and execute them, that would be my day job, when I am not doing that I try to save the world. I can confess, its not easy with all the mad people out there.

Social media is one of my interests and helps me earn a living. As part of saving the world I get involved in a lot of political discussions on Facebook and other forums. I have written a small book, non fiction and it will be published in a couple of weeks. I also have organized many unconferences in Kerala called BarCamps. No its not something where you get together and drink.

I like driving and must have driven more than 400,000 Kms ever since I got a license. For the past one year I am spending my weekends in a garage learning to fix cars, so thats like weekdays in formals, tip top and weekends in denim with grease on the hand.

My dad had a Maruti 800, Ive owned a Maruti Omni and Chevrolet Optra. currently I own a Mitsubishi lancer, Ford Ikon and a Tata Nano. BTW I bought an Yezdi Road King last week, waiting for it to reach me.

I am starting a restoration project with my Lancer, will start a new thread, Which category should I chose for it ?
kenneyjacob is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 30th July 2014, 11:05   #2
BHPian

Default Re: Engineer - Entrepreneur - Driver - Author - Social Media Addict

Welcome Kenneyjacob, Its definitely an eye catching intro.
Looking forward for more pics and details of none other than the newly adding Yezdi, hopefully you can tell us more stories about it when you have it with you. Hoping to see you around.
dileepcm is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2014, 14:56   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Welcome Kenny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneyjacob View Post
Instead I fooled around with my cousins computer and became a computer engineer. But who knew they would put computers inside cars.
Great intro! Parts of it had me

Quote:
Mitsubishi lancer, Ford Ikon and...Yezdi Road King
Rides from a different era, but still special. Hope the Lancer is a petrol and the Ikon a 1.6.

Quote:
Which category should I chose for it ?
Technical Stuff.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2014, 20:11   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Rides from a different era, but still special. Hope the Lancer is a petrol and the Ikon a 1.6.
Both cars are diesel. Found a nice petrol lancer last week from Kolkatta, wanted to buy it, but cant do right now.
Old 30th July 2014, 21:02   #5
BHPian

Welcome to Team Bhp brother. The choice of cars/bike you have are really very nice and tasteful. They are all legends from different era.

Quote:

I like driving and must have driven more than 400,000 Kms ever since I got a license.
Man that's a lot of experience. As you are 31 years old now, i assume you got your driving licence when you were 18. So yearly you drive around 30,000kms! That justifies your need for a diesel car.

Quote:
Both cars are diesel. Found a nice petrol lancer last week from Kolkatta, wanted to buy it, but cant do right now.
Well i am from Kolkata. If you need any help to buy a car in Kolkata will be glad to help you.
Old 30th July 2014, 21:53   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Man that's a lot of experience. As you are 31 years old now, i assume you got your driving licence when you were 18. So yearly you drive around 30,000kms! That justifies your need for a diesel car.
Yes, I took my licence as soon as I turned 18. For a couple of years I was working for the movies and it meant travelling the length and breadth of Kerala. It was fun, moving from location to location, hanging out with local movie stars, if it was now I could have taken selfies with them
kenneyjacob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2014, 22:17   #7
BHPian

Hearty welcome to Team BHP, kenneyjacob!
Old 30th July 2014, 23:48   #8
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
BTW I bought an Yezdi Road King last week, waiting for it to reach me.
Where did you get a Roadking from, and how much did you pay for it? Am looking for one myself!
Old 31st July 2014, 12:39   #9

I have a cousin who is crazy about vehicles, he found one for me from a garage. This is how it was, getting it fixed as we speak.
Attached Images

Old 6th August 2014, 11:10   #10

As promised in the introduction post I have made a new thread for the lancer restoration. You can visit it here -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...hi-lancer.html

Suggestions and comments are expected.
kenneyjacob is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread