Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 6th August 2014, 18:17   #1
BHPian

Wink I save lives, and cars save me! Glory Glory Team-BHP

Hey there Guys!
My names Mikail Merchant and im a TY-MBBS student from Mumbai! Yep i'm an aspiring doctor!
Many of you must have read my thread title and may be thinking, how in the world can cars save this kid?
Well i'll tell you one heck of a story!

As a child i loved cars! But hey we all are still kids at heart ain't we and we all do loath over automobiles don't we? We'll yes offcourse, thats why we are the Team-Bhp family ayy? But me as a child was slightly different.
While my other friends who also shared with me a craze for cars were busy putting up pictures of Lamborghini Diablo's from the famous need for speed series and James Bond's E-type, i too did the same! Except with a twist.

Thats right i used to put up pictures of engines! The sheer difference in the visuality of a inline and a V-Twin engine fascinated me.
Back in the time my favourite car was the Ferrari F50. I still remember the fact that i had memorised its specs that i had got from one of the internet sites which i still din't forget till date!

"520 bhp, 4.7 litre V-12 engine, natural engine with 6 gears"

BTW - i used to call naturally aspirated as natural engine back then since i din't really know what it meant at that time

Now i never really knew in those days if the above specs was really genuine but i always preached it out to the world in full confidence! So much so that even my parents for a minute thought that how in the world could i memorise that when i couldn't even say the 7 times tables in math by heart?
The funny news is yet to come! One day my uncle came along at home and was shocked to see the engine pics and quietly whispered in my fathers ears with all humour "boss, tera beta mechanic banna chahata hai kya?"

Fast forwarding a few years and i got involved in numbers!! Thats right torque, Bhp and what not. The world saw the cuts in a cars design as aesthetics. But me? It was Aerodynamics baby!

Now how did cars save me? We'll i always wanted to to serve humanity from childhood, but i knew becoming a doctor took in a lot of hardwork, patience and time! I wanted to become a really big man in life but i just wasn't confident enough if i was ready or even capable of putting in that much effort to become a life saviour. But soon a turning point came!

One day when i went with my Dad to a reputed 5-star hotel, i saw this beautiful Rolls-Royce parked there. It was the first time i had actually seen one in flesh and i was flabbergasted! My dad exactly knew what went on my mind (he knew I loved cars and he himself also being a car enthusiast) and told me the words which till date have inspired me the most in life.

He said "Beta, don't just look at the cars, work hard, become a big doctor in life and own them, drive them, live them"

And that was it! I promised my self to go for it And today here i am.
I get good grades and make my family proud and hope to full fill my dream one day of being a very successful well reputed doctor and of owning a Car with a V8 heart!

And thats how cars saved me. I hope to be in this community and contribute my drop of knowledge in the ocean of the automobile industry.
I hope you guys accept me here at Team-Bhp and i will try my best to give it my all. Not to forget, as one family.

Cheers guys!

Last edited by aah78 : 6th August 2014 at 21:32. Reason: Smileys edited.
Starfire is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 6th August 2014, 18:43   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Default re: I save lives, and cars save me! Glory Glory Team-BHP

Welcome aboard Mikail! Your enthusiasm shows in your post.

Hope you achieve your dreams one day. But before that, please read the rules of the forum again Only 2 smilies are allowed per post.

Cheers!
amitoj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2014, 18:44   #3
Senior - BHPian

StarFire

Welcome to the community.
Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th August 2014, 20:03   #4
BHPian

Hey there Starfire. Join the club,I'm a doc too
Welcome to team-bhp. Wish you all the best in chasing down that V8 !!
GKR9900 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2014, 22:51   #5
BHPian

Wow, that's a lovely intro. I can safely assume that it came straight from your heart
I'm a student myself, was born in Bombay and lived here in Bangalore for 13 years, will start FY engineering(computer science) on Monday. Just like you, my favorite Ferrari is the F50. The only reason I loved it was because of this game called need for speed hot pursuit 2 on the PS2 which I played when I was in the 6th grade.
My oh my, how has time flown right by as I type this, all that nostalgia. All the best to you for your future endeavors. I hope our paths cross in the future, will definitely be a pleasant experience.

Cheers mate.
Old 6th August 2014, 23:23   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post
Wow, that's a lovely intro. I can safely assume that it came straight from your heart
I'm a student myself, was born in Bombay and lived here in Bangalore for 13 years, will start FY engineering(computer science) on Monday. Just like you, my favorite Ferrari is the F50. The only reason I loved it was because of this game called need for speed hot pursuit 2 on the PS2 which I played when I was in the 6th grade.
My oh my, how has time flown right by as I type this, all that nostalgia. All the best to you for your future endeavors. I hope our paths cross in the future, will definitely be a pleasant experience.

Cheers mate.

Hahahaha sure thing bro. Surely we will cross paths one day. For all you know, i might just bring along my PS2 and we'll play a little one on one in NFS! But hey, i'm doing advance booking, the F50's mine alright

BTW since you love getting Nostalgic, do hear the song "Rom Di Prisco - Romulus 3" you can thank me later

Cheers!
Starfire
Starfire is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread