Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 18th September 2014, 13:43   #1
BHPian

Default An introduction : Myself AJ from Kolkata

A big Hello to All the Mods and all fellow BHPians.

Thanks to the Admins for accepting my registration and letting me be a part of this wonderful community.

My passion for Cars started at a very early age as every young boy who had a collection of Toy Cars in his cupboard which was his garage where all those Cars used to be parked. Making houses using Lego just to park the favourite Cars out of the collection underneath the houses in the garage which had a collapsible shutter to keep them safe and secure. Nostalgic !!

The passion was so high and I actually started driving at an early age of 13. But to my bad luck I was not aware that officially I could only get a driving licence once I was 18. So had to wait

The first car that I ever drove was an HM Ambassador Nova Diesel and followed it up with the HM Contessa, then the classical Maruti 800 and the the TATA Sumo. All these were possessions of my Dad & Elder Brother on which I lay my hands on.

I graduated as a Bachelor of Commerce from St. Xaviers College Kolkata (schooling also done from St. Xaviers Collegiate School, Park Street, Kolkata) and started working at an early age of 18 and have been associated with the Automobile Industry ever since as our Company represents a few OEM manufacturers of Spare Parts & Lubricant Companies as their Distributors for West Bengal. So my work involved and still involves a lot of travelling in various parts of West Bengal.

My first highway drive where I drove all throughout was with my Dad from Kolkata-Behrampore-Maldah-Siliguri-Coochbehar-Jaigaon-Phuentsholing(Bhutan) and back to Kolkata in a Moon Beam Silver Maruti 800 (5 Speed Transmission) when I was 19 Years Old which was a 1800 Kms drive and I guess that was what turned things on for me further.

However, the pride in driving your own Car; I mean the one which you buy from you own buck is what gives you that kick. Now this is how it moved on for me :

1.) 1st Car - 1st of November 2004 - INDICA V2 Diesel Variant DLG - Colour Silver - Self Driven 125000 Kms in 5 Years
2.) 2nd Car - 14th of August 2009 - FORD IKON Diesel 1.4 TDCi - Colour Silver - Self Driven 90000 Kms in 4.5 Years - PIC Attached
3.) 3rd Car - 11th of July 2014 - Toyota Etios Diesel Variant GD - Colour Silver - Currently driven by my Driver for our Domestic Use and is used by Dad
4.) 4th Car - 20th of July 2014 - FORD Figo Diesel Variant Zxi - Colour White - Currently using and the Car in Self Drive and it's due for it's 1st Service in this month of September 2014

My next buy : Want it to be an SUV. My three 'n half year old daughter wants me to buy a Toyota Fortuner, but I guess that will have to wait for a few years now since already two purchases have happened back to back this year. Would keep my eyes on the SUVs that will come into the Indian Market in the future.

My Dream Drive : Kolkata-Delhi-Leh-Srinagar-Delhi-Kolkata

Always try to keep my cars in spic and span condition both under the hood as well as from the outside. Got this thing within myself to get each and every micro issue with the Car sorted at the work station on priority basis. How much my family members loose their head on this attribute of mine as for them they really do not see anything wrong the way I do. I am the way I am and there is nothing wrong about it. Now they've also understood.

I wish to post my Travelogues and would share it with all the fellow BHPians in times to come in order to share my experiences and would also seek advice from all on various subjects.

I would feel privileged to be a part of the Eastern India Meets so that we all collectively could take the spirit of motoring ahead. Cheers to Team-BHP
Attached Thumbnails
An introduction : Myself AJ from Kolkata-dsc06319.jpg  

AJ-got-BHP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th September 2014, 14:53   #2
BHPian

Default Re: An introduction : Myself AJ from Kolkata

Welcome to the Forum AJ-got-BHP. We had our monsoon meet last month. That was one of the larges meet ever. Please keep checking the meet sections for that.

PS: I have the same dream drive.

Regards,

Pawan
Old 18th September 2014, 15:44   #3
BHPian

Hey PapaBravo !!

I just missed the last month meet by a whisker I believe. Will definitely look forward to the next one for sure...

Thanks for the warm welcome
Old 20th September 2014, 20:36   #4
BHPian

Welcome to Team Bhp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ-got-BHP View Post
3.) 3rd Car - 11th of July 2014 - Toyota Etios Diesel Variant GD - Colour Silver - Currently driven by my Driver for our Domestic Use and is used by Dad
You are the third Etios owner from Team Bhp Kolkata group and the first person from Kolkata Team bhp to have a Diesel Etios.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ-got-BHP View Post
My Dream Drive : Kolkata-Delhi-Leh-Srinagar-Delhi-Kolkata

BHP
Its the dream drive of many over here and few of us from Kolkata are planning to do this drive next year. You can join us !
Old 21st September 2014, 01:03   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome to tbhp from a fellow Calcuttan. Wish you best of luck in getting your SUV soon and complete your dream drive as well so that you can start dreaming more
BlackPearl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2014, 09:42   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Welcome to Team Bhp.

You are the third Etios owner from Team Bhp Kolkata group and the first person from Kolkata Team bhp to have a Diesel Etios.

Its the dream drive of many over here and few of us from Kolkata are planning to do this drive next year. You can join us !
Hello Samba,

The Etios is my first Toyota ever and I must say that the Toyota Engineering is a league apart from all it's competitors. You can swear by the engine.

I am really looking forward to catching up with you guys sometime soon so hat we can take things further with the Leh Trip.
AJ-got-BHP is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread