Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 20th September 2014, 12:46   #1
BHPian

Smile I joined (T)ogether (E)veryone (A)chieves (M)ore BHP!

Hi Guys,

This is Yogesh from the land of Peshwas, aged 43 and employed as a Cost Accountant. It was around a year and a half back that I thought of upgrading my car and was surfing the internet for reviews of different cars that I came across Team-BHP.

Ten years back, if somebody had told me that I would be driving four cars, I would have called that person crazy. In those days, I never imagined that I could drive ever. The cars were limited in India, prohibitively expensive for an average middle class person and top of it my physique! I was on the left side of a quintal then (though within striking distance of it) and towered 190 cm above the ground!

But in 2004, I got a chance to go abroad for my job and the company offered me a car. So the first thing I did was to hire a driver who would teach me to drive on weekends. The car was a red coloured Cielo which was later on changed to Toyota Carona (AT)! Had this been my first car, I doubt whether I could have driven a manual transmission later on. So after four years it was time for me to return for good to India.

Having reached India, I was looking for a car which could accommodate me rather than a car which I liked! I was left with only one option and that was Wagon R. I preferred the Wagon R Duo. I never thought that in the six years that I owned it, I would cross 90K on the ODO. I have very fond memories of that car and wished I had kept it as a second car.

Now six months have passed since I sold it and got myself an Ertiga ZDI. I am still trying to negotiate this big car in the mad traffic of Pune! One particularly annoying thing about Ertiga is the large A pillar. I literally have to lean forward while taking a right turn and banged against one elderly lady in the first month. Thank God she was not injured!

Before zeroing in on Ertiga, I went through every review available on team-BHP on every available car and possibly every comment also! That gave me a lot of insight into cars available but I must admit that I was more confused than ever before! A big THANK YOU to Parag Sachnia who had the same wheels that I have and his ownership reviews and DIY stuff are stupendous. It helped a lot in making a final decision.

So that’s it guys! I hope I haven’t bored you but these magical words “Team-BHP membership APPROVED” mean a lot to me, having waited for more than a year!

Last edited by GTO : 20th September 2014 at 18:22. Reason: Adding a line space
CoolCarNi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2014, 15:56   #2
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: I joined (T)ogether (E)veryone (A)chieves (M)ore BHP!

Welcome to Team-BHP CoolCarNi (must be Kulkarni for sure ). The Ertiga is indeed a good choice. Good to know that Team-BHP was of use in helping you make your decision.

These days, thick A-pillars are a common problem in most cars. All I can say is, the driver has to take a little more care while driving. Stay safe.

Do take some time out and go through the Forum Rules.

See you on the forum.

Cheers.
Aditya is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2014, 23:59   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolCarNi View Post
...So that’s it guys! I hope I haven’t bored you but these magical words “Team-BHP membership APPROVED” mean a lot to me, having waited for more than a year!
Welcome aboard! It makes me happy to see some lovely intros like yours! Trust me, those words mean a lot more than passing the toughest of the exams for some of us!

Frankly, I have re-appeared for the team-bhp membership than any exams in my life!
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2014, 09:23   #4
BHPian

Thanks Aditya and swiftnfurious for the kind words of encouragement. Believe me, cracking this one was more difficult than my CMA course! But I guess one is my profession and the other one is passion which kept me going...
CoolCarNi is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread