Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 27th November 2014, 22:52   #1

Default Introducing myself

Hi guys,

I am a new member to team-bhp. I am MAKARAND, presently working at New Delhi in a Govt job. I am 42 years old, and have been driving cars, bikes, scooters from the day I turned 18 (well, I drove before that too, but don't tell anyone).

In the past 24+ years that I have been driving, I have owned TATA INDICA V2 and TATA INDICA VISTA (among cars) and LML Vespa, Hero Honda Splendor, TVS Scooty and Mahindra Flyte (the last two for ease of driving by wifey)!

I came to know of team-bhp while doing online research for a new Sedan that I want to buy...and I have finally decided to shift away from Tata cars to a SKODA RAPID Diesel. I have read everything about a Rapid that is there to read on this site, and I think I have made a wise decision.

My work takes me places every few years, and so I wanted a SAFE sedan that would be a pleasure to drive. Hence, the Rapid (of course, the year end deals have made the decision simpler too).

So, be safe guys....will post more once I join the family of Skoda car owners (with pics maybe).

Happy & safe motoring to all of you.

Regards,

Makarand
makarandorpe is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th November 2014, 16:58   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Introducing myself

Working with the Government in Delhi...I bet no one messes with you . Just kidding.

Welcome Makarand! Great choice with the Rapid. Even though it's been 4 years since the time of launch, the Vento / Rapid siblings remain my top choice in the Diesel C2-sedan segment. No other in that price range is quite the all-rounder that these cars are. Superb diesel motor and nice ride & handling. It's going to be a big step ahead of the Vista. Have fun.

If you drive a lot in traffic, do take a spin in the Diesel DSG. Excellent machine, DSG unreliability aside.

Hope to see an ownership report from you.
Old 28th November 2014, 17:13   #3
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Introducing myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by makarandorpe View Post
Happy & safe motoring to all of you.
Welcome to Team-BHP, Orpe Sir. If I am not wrong, you and I have a certain institute in Aurangabad in common. I will PM you once your newbie status changes to BHPian.

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 28th November 2014 at 17:14.
Closed Thread